Windows 10: Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume

Discus and support Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had originally set up the volume shortcuts on my Ducky One 2 keyboard and in SteelSeries Engine (for my mouse) and they worked as expected to adjust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/keepcalmrollon, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume

I had originally set up the volume shortcuts on my Ducky One 2 keyboard and in SteelSeries Engine (for my mouse) and they worked as expected to adjust overall volume level until about two weeks ago when they started adjusting only the system sounds volume level. I didn't change anything in these two pieces of software, so I suspect it may have been from a Windows update? I also have a Logitech K400 keyboard, and the dedicated volume keys there still adjust the overall volume. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have an idea where I can look for a solution?

submitted by /u/keepcalmrollon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/keepcalmrollon, Sep 4, 2020
  2. dinkymau Win User

Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Can't adjust the alarm volume

Currently there is no way to adjust the volume of the alarm clock sound. Even with GDR2 installed.

All i can suggest is for you to choose an alarm sound that isn't so disturbing.

I do agree though that the ability to adjust the alarm volume should be there along with the ability to have separate volume controls for other aspects of the phone's sound system.

Ray Hipkiss, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume

Where is adjust system volume file location? Need shortcut to Desktop.

Hi,

Nice to meet you, I am Cendrid. I am using window 10 Currently I searching the adjust system volume key create a shortcut file to desktop.

I know where is main volume file locate at:

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

But,actually i searching the adjust system volume, Which is window locate in:

Control Panel -> view by Category (No Large/Small Icon) -> Hardware and sound -> adjust system volume.

*I wish this window is shortcut to desktop, where is the file locate? My main purpose is to fully adjust the master volume control

Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume [​IMG]

Share your knowledge, Thank you.

Signature-

Cendrid

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

leecendrid, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume

1. Volume shortcuts suddenly adjust system sounds instead of overall volume - Similar Threads - Volume shortcuts suddenly

2. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  3. Adjust sound volume scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust sound volume scaling: Okay how do I describe this. When I wear my headset I currently have to set the system sound volume to 4 in order to not blow my eardrums, but that leaves me with only 4 levels between no sound and my ears start to bleed. What I've been wondering is if there is a way to set...
  4. System Sound but it's low volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Sound but it's low volume?: Hey! I've been using my PC and today, for some reason the system sounds, for example the "run as administrator" pop-up one, are low volume. [ATTACH] Got the volume in 47 or something like that and the Google Chrome, Discord, etc were high volume, so I dont think it was...
  5. System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?: I think this short video 30 seconds sums up my issue pretty well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSFQj56kU6c_P83dSAoEV049ZV9V00wS/view?usp=sharing Note: I am not touching any volume controls while this is happening. It's doing this all on its own. It is constant. It...
  6. [SOLVED] Sound volume auto adjusting problem

[SOLVED] Sound volume auto adjusting problem: Hello there, So, last month I've purchased my HP Notebook - 15-da0019nia. I installed Windows 10 Pro x64 (Build 1809), which is the latest edition at the time, and all of my drivers are up-to-date, but there's a super annoying problem that I'm facing for the first time ever....
  7. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...
  8. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  9. Adjusting headphone volume

Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...
  10. Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?: What are the keyboard shortcuts to adjust volume in win 10? 94604