Windows 10: Volume slider acceleration

Discus and support Volume slider acceleration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since a few days ago i started noticing that whenever i was listening to any audio, if i tried to increase or decrease my volume using the media keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rohit285, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Rohit285 Win User

Volume slider acceleration

Since a few days ago i started noticing that whenever i was listening to any audio, if i tried to increase or decrease my volume using the media keys on my keyboard with a long press, the slider would go past the point i wanted even after i let go, as if it had acceleration and momentum suddenly maybe added with the new update. I wish to disable this behavior but don't know how.

:)

Rohit285, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Ross Win User
    Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

Ross, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Volume slider acceleration

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Volume slider acceleration

1. Volume slider acceleration - Similar Threads - Volume slider acceleration

2. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...
  3. Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating

Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating: It seems to be almost random. I turn the main volume up and it makes other program sounds jump down. Sometimes it just changes itself for no reason. Anyone know how to help?...
  4. Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating

Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating: It seems to be almost random. I turn the main volume up and it makes other program sounds jump down. Sometimes it just changes itself for no reason. Anyone know how to help?...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...
  6. Volume Slider Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Slider Broken: Hello, I own an HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 on it, and recently out of the blue my volume slider broke. The issue is that the volume keeps going down automatically, even when I use the volume slider to push it back up. So first I tried turning off the action keys from...
  7. how do i reset the volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i reset the volume slider: How do I reset the "slider" speaker control on the task bar - it just stopped, can't see it either, but the volume button is there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-reset-the-volume-slider/d7a629b3-34a2-49b8-bd03-6bd54ebd4bdc
  8. Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change: I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having...
  9. Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.

Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.: I was trying to skype a fellow mate when he said he couldent hear me. So i went to my recording devices and saw that my microphone volume was at 0. I tried to turn it up but it just went back to 0. Now its Glitching out between 0 and 5... No idea how to fix this. I plugged...
  10. Volume Slider background color

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Slider background color: A recent Windows 10 upgrade must have changed the volume slider, which now annoyingly has a black background color for the lower section. It used to be blue, which I greatly prefer. Is there a way to change the settings? 92658