Windows 10: Volume Slider background color

Discus and support Volume Slider background color in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A recent Windows 10 upgrade must have changed the volume slider, which now annoyingly has a black background color for the lower section. It used to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pbassett, Sep 2, 2017.

1. pbassett Win User

Volume Slider background color

A recent Windows 10 upgrade must have changed the volume slider, which now annoyingly has a black background color for the lower section. It used to be blue, which I greatly prefer.
    Is there a way to change the settings?

:)

pbassett, Sep 2, 2017

2. Change application background color window 10

I don't seem to have that series of options in Settings. Under Personalization there is no Background choice. If I do a search on Background, I get a Preview with a Solid Color option for Background, and a limited choice of background colors. No slider.

So, in the Registry, is it "Value data" in "Background" or is it the value for "Window"?

DesignCurmudgeon, Sep 2, 2017
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Sep 2, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @pbassett , welcome to tenforums.com ! *Smile

Try changing your accent color a couple of times:

Volume Slider background color [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 2, 2017
  5. pbassett Win User
    Thanks! That worked! And I get a palette to choose from if I get tired of blue!

pbassett, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Volume Slider background color - Similar Threads - Volume Slider background

2. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  3. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume Slider Changes Colors

Volume Slider Changes Colors: The color of the volume slider in my Win10 machine randomly changes colors. While this is not particularly significant, I find it slightly annoying. I've looked in a few places to determine how to change this behavior, but without success. If anyone has an idea, please let...
  6. Volume slider in taskbar

Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....
  7. Volume slider lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume slider lag: I have a keyboard (G910) that has a volume slider on it, but all of the sudden my volume slider lags if I lower and raise it kind of fast. It never used to do this though. I know it's not something I'll ever really do but I'm afraid that this lag might cause lag in other...
  8. Volume slider acceleration

Volume slider acceleration: Since a few days ago i started noticing that whenever i was listening to any audio, if i tried to increase or decrease my volume using the media keys on my keyboard with a long press, the slider would go past the point i wanted even after i let go, as if it had acceleration...
  9. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...
  10. Volume Slider Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Slider Broken: Hello, I own an HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 on it, and recently out of the blue my volume slider broke. The issue is that the volume keeps going down automatically, even when I use the volume slider to push it back up. So first I tried turning off the action keys from...