Windows 10: Volume slider not working on Windows 11

Discus and support Volume slider not working on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by .__Alexander__., Dec 12, 2022.

1. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using YouTube, Spotify, ecc. I've already tried restarting the service, windows explorer found the same question from another user but trying the suggestions that were givven to him didn't work. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Thanks!

:)

.__Alexander__., Dec 12, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 12, 2022
  3. WIndows 11 Update - Main Volume Level Cannot Be Changed on Realtek Speakers

Hello

I have updated my Dell XPS-13 to Windows 11.

When running on the inbuilt Realtek Audio speakers, now the main volume controls (both the volume control keys and the volume control slider on the taskbar) do not work properly. The mute function works (click mute key or click with mouse on mute icon on taskbar slider). If I put the volume on, however, there is absolutely no change to the volume level through the speakers - i.e. 2% is as loud as 100%. The volume level is quite loud, I would say close to maximum if not at the maximum.

Volume control within individual apps works okay - for example, I can raise or lower the volume within my Plex app using the volume slider within that app. The one exception to this is Spotify (Premium) where, curiously, there is no sound whatsoever*.

If I run the audio through my Sony Bluetooth headphones then all goes back to normal and the main volume controls work again.

My Windows 11 build is up to date. In trying to fix the issue with the in-built speakers so far, following advice provided elsewhere, I have:

• Restarted Windows Explorer
    • Restarted my Audio Services
    • Reinstalled the device driver for the speakers (Realtek Audio) and made sure it is up to date.
    • Run the Audio Troubleshooter
    Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

* This might just be a problem with Spotify, I haven't got around to looking at this yet.

David Morris (david), Dec 12, 2022
  4. Ross Win User

Volume slider not working on Windows 11

Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

Thema:

Volume slider not working on Windows 11

1. Volume slider not working on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Volume slider working

2. Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working: I recently updated to Windows 11, the control panel on the bottom that controls the volume, brightness and internet etc. opens but none of the buttons are responsive. My physical buttons for volume and brightness works fine. When I click the sliders, the pop up closes out....
  3. Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 volume and brightness sliders not working: I recently updated to Windows 11, the control panel on the bottom that controls the volume, brightness and internet etc. opens but none of the buttons are responsive. My physical buttons for volume and brightness works fine. When I click the sliders, the pop up closes out....
  4. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider not working on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  7. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Voicemeeter Banana and Windows Volume Slider Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Voicemeeter Banana and Windows Volume Slider Not working: I have just installed Voicemeeter Banana on my PC. I realized that the little volume slider in the system tray does not adjust my voicemeeter output volume. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/cherninbutter [link] [comments]...
  9. Volume Slider not working with headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Slider not working with headphones: When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening today....
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...