Windows 10: Volume Slider not working with headphones

Discus and support Volume Slider not working with headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 12100, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 12100 Win User

Volume Slider not working with headphones

When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening today.

:)

12100, Oct 10, 2019
  2. awalt Win User

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Oct 10, 2019
  3. headphone volume issue

the volume slider has nothing to do with the microphone. please explain your issue properly.

I never said the volume slider controls the microphone volume. I am saying when that issue happens the microphone volume over the phone app becomes very low when using headphones. This problem affects only the phone app. If you still dont get it then let me
    help you. Place or receive a call using headphones that have no microphone. The firts thing you realize is that there is no sound in the headphone and even if you put the phone on loudspeaker. End the call ,place a headphone with microphone and repeat the
    process and try moving the volume slider to see what happens.

Ransford Sobo-Blay, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Volume Slider not working with headphones

USB Headphones not working WINDOWS 10

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

This issue might resolve making the headphones as default device in Playback devices.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Speaker icon (Volume icon). Select
      Playback devices.
    • Select Headphones and click Set default.
    • Click apply and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us posted if the headphone issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Volume Slider not working with headphones

1. Volume Slider not working with headphones - Similar Threads - Volume Slider working

2. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones master volume slider not doing anything: At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up...
  3. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones master volume slider not doing anything: At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up...
  4. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider not working on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using...
  6. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

Volume slider not working on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using...
  7. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  8. volume slider

volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  9. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...