Windows 10: Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

Discus and support Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, when I press the volume key on my Dell XPS 15, the volume slider that usually showed by itself, now shows up with a play-pause control window (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EliseyOzerov, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

So, when I press the volume key on my Dell XPS 15, the volume slider that usually showed by itself, now shows up with a play-pause control window (see the picture). I must've pressed some wrong keys and since then it doesn't go away. It does so only in chrome though. So when I press pause, the most recently started sound source stops playing.

It's driving me nuts, please help me remove it.

Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls 6894db0a-7ae3-4050-a5ad-11c15d2db442?upload=true.png

:)

EliseyOzerov, Jun 24, 2019

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Volume is increasing when media is paused and then played !

When I pause and then play media in applications , be it VLC player , Windows Media Player or any other , the volume increases automatically ! HELP PLEASE ! It is really frustrating adjusting volume very time I pause and play.

aatificial, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Ross Win User

Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

Thema:

Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

1. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls - Similar Threads - Volume slider shows

2. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Lenovo ideapad flex, the volume slider that usually showed with a play and pause control menu, now shows up by itself. I have no idea how to bring it back to showing the tools. It does so only in opera though, which I use most regularly....
  3. Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider shows chrome play-pause controls: So, when I press the volume key on my Lenovo ideapad flex, the volume slider that usually showed with a play and pause control menu, now shows up by itself. I have no idea how to bring it back to showing the tools. It does so only in opera though, which I use most regularly....
  4. How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control: Hello, recently I installed Windows 11 Pro editionthis is my first time using W11 and I have observed that Media Controls Buttons won't show like they used to be in Windows 10like in the first image,but only shows the slider without those media control buttonsbackward, pause,...
  5. How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show Media Control Buttons alongside with volume slider control: Hello, recently I installed Windows 11 Pro editionthis is my first time using W11 and I have observed that Media Controls Buttons won't show like they used to be in Windows 10like in the first image,but only shows the slider without those media control buttonsbackward, pause,...
  6. How to disable volume slider and play/pause infobox

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable volume slider and play/pause infobox: Is there anyway to get of this dialogue box that pops up whenever I adjust the audio on my computer?It is located in a VERY inconvenient place that just so happens to be where the bookmark bar on many web browsers and where the homepage button is on many websites.I have seen...
  7. Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar volume control no longer shows individual volume sliders..bug?: Hey I’m not sure if this is a bug or what to do.. coincidentally this happened since I installed Xbox PC Game access beta... game bar is a requirement for it to work(maybe it overwrites a broken version) I tried reinstalling and it star working again but literally after a...
  8. removing volume slider pause/play notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    removing volume slider pause/play notification: When I'm watching a YouTube video and I raise/lower the volume a notification pops up at the top left of the display. How do I make it so it doesn't appear? Windows 10 Home 1909 149783
  9. Pause/Play control bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pause/Play control bar: Hi! Just wondering if anybody knows how to disable the control bar that is in the picture? Thank you :) [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pauseplay-control-bar/390ffa81-888c-42c6-ae2a-41ccba6cc7c3
  10. Chrome Volume Control

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Volume Control: So, does anyone know how to keep this from popping up everytime I press the volume control buttons on my keyboard? [img] 134474

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The blue slider button on chrome. which way is on and which way off