Windows 10: volume slider

Discus and support volume slider in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeoffreySriwardena, Oct 16, 2018.

1. volume slider

I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens.

This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thnks

:)

GeoffreySriwardena, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 16, 2018
  3. No Audio Slider & Notification Center

Just did a clean install of 10162, but now when I click on the volume control or notification icons nothing happens. The volume works, but I must right click the volume icon and open the volume mixer to control the volume. There is no audio slider. The notification center doesn't do anything, whether I right or left click it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

waltersfield, Oct 16, 2018
  4. pbassett Win User

volume slider

Volume Slider background color

A recent Windows 10 upgrade must have changed the volume slider, which now annoyingly has a black background color for the lower section. It used to be blue, which I greatly prefer.
    Is there a way to change the settings?

pbassett, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

volume slider

1. volume slider - Similar Threads - volume slider

2. Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build: The Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 is now available for testers who have opted into the Developer Channel. This release introduces a couple of new features, the first of which replaces the volume slider that is usually displayed in the top left corner of the screen....
  3. Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11: currently i have a lenovo legion gaming laptop with windows 11 already installed on it. Every time i adjust my volume sliders for a game or application then close the application, when i reopen the game the slider goes back to 100%. ive done everything i could think of even...
  4. Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11: currently i have a lenovo legion gaming laptop with windows 11 already installed on it. Every time i adjust my volume sliders for a game or application then close the application, when i reopen the game the slider goes back to 100%. ive done everything i could think of even...
  5. Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop. For some reason, no matter what level I adjust the volume to, it's always really loud. I have it at 2 right now, and it's still blaring loud. If I set it to 100, it's the same volume. Any ideas?...
  6. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  7. How to disable volume slider and play/pause infobox

How to disable volume slider and play/pause infobox: Is there anyway to get of this dialogue box that pops up whenever I adjust the audio on my computer?It is located in a VERY inconvenient place that just so happens to be where the bookmark bar on many web browsers and where the homepage button is on many websites.I have seen...
  8. Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 volume slider and mute button not working on wireless not bluetooth headsets: Hi! I own two different wireless headsets for which the windows sound control does not work changing volume or muting, the volume always stays the same. So thisis the same volume as thisIf I change the volume in the sound mixer for separate programs it works as expected, so...
  9. is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider?: sorry if that's a confusing title, what i mean to ask is is there currently any way to make the drop-down volume menu show not just your device audio but the volume mixer audio settings so you can change apps' sound levels on the fly? submitted by /u/clemmy__ [link]...
  10. "Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it

"Default Beep" not working in Windows 10 Volume Slider after changing it: Hi, I have a small issue. As the title says, the default beep no longer plays on the Windows 10 Volume Slider after I changed it to a custom one. I sought for a solution with no success. Tried playing with some values in regedit, made sure the new custom sound is very short,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate slider speaker volume

2. how do I activate the sound volume slider