Windows 10: volume slider

Discus and support volume slider in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeoffreySriwardena, Oct 16, 2018.

1. volume slider

I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens.

This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thnks

:)

GeoffreySriwardena, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 16, 2018
  3. No Audio Slider & Notification Center

Just did a clean install of 10162, but now when I click on the volume control or notification icons nothing happens. The volume works, but I must right click the volume icon and open the volume mixer to control the volume. There is no audio slider. The notification center doesn't do anything, whether I right or left click it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

waltersfield, Oct 16, 2018
  4. pbassett Win User

volume slider

Volume Slider background color

A recent Windows 10 upgrade must have changed the volume slider, which now annoyingly has a black background color for the lower section. It used to be blue, which I greatly prefer.
    Is there a way to change the settings?

pbassett, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

volume slider

1. volume slider - Similar Threads - volume slider

2. I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar: I can only adjust the volume using the mouse but the slider from my soundbar is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-the-volume-using-my-huawei-mateview/07384f81-68dd-4af9-a72c-68974b3fffab
  3. I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar: I can only adjust the volume using the mouse but the slider from my soundbar is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-the-volume-using-my-huawei-mateview/07384f81-68dd-4af9-a72c-68974b3fffab
  4. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  5. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  6. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  7. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  8. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  9. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  10. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate slider speaker volume

2. how do I activate the sound volume slider