Windows 10: Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11

Discus and support Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; currently i have a lenovo legion gaming laptop with windows 11 already installed on it. Every time i adjust my volume sliders for a game or application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EnderSK, Nov 19, 2021.

1. EnderSK Win User

Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11

currently i have a lenovo legion gaming laptop with windows 11 already installed on it. Every time i adjust my volume sliders for a game or application then close the application, when i reopen the game the slider goes back to 100%. ive done everything i could think of even reinstalling my audio drivers. i have a hyper x usb headset if that helps at all.

:)

EnderSK, Nov 19, 2021
  2. Ross Win User

Windows volume sliders move but no change in volume

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running windows 10. If I change the windows volume sliders either for the application or the system,then No change in volume occurs , except for the mute when I go to zero volume. If I use the in application volume control for Netflix and spottify then I can control the volume. So can anyone suggest anything. In particular I want the dell laptop function keys for volume to work so if there is a way to get the dell laptop keys to control the settings of the application that may be ok.
    I have updated every driver and bios update both from windows update and dell

3. When I close Internet Explorer 11 it reopens multiple times

When I close Internet Explorer11 it keeps reopening multiple times in Windows 10.

Original title: windows 10, IE 11

grandmapurple, Nov 19, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11 - Similar Threads - Volume sliders getting

2. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider not working on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using...
  3. Volume slider not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider not working on Windows 11: Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 gets a new Volume Slider, Brightness slider in the latest Insider Preview Build: The Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 is now available for testers who have opted into the Developer Channel. This release introduces a couple of new features, the first of which replaces the volume slider that is usually displayed in the top left corner of the screen....
  8. Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume sliders getting reset everytime an application closes and reopens in windows 11: currently i have a lenovo legion gaming laptop with windows 11 already installed on it. Every time i adjust my volume sliders for a game or application then close the application, when i reopen the game the slider goes back to 100%. ive done everything i could think of even...
  9. window 10 why do my application get suspended after closing and reopening

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 why do my application get suspended after closing and reopening: So when i first start my laptop i can open all application right away no problem but i f was to close the application like google chrome and try to reopen it wont open for at least a couple of minutes, and ion the resource monitor it would say the program is suspended to...
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...