Windows 10: Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??

Discus and support Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've just come across something strange and I wondered if anyone can explain it or help with it. I've been writing a song and just mastered it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/strangehello, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??

Hi, I've just come across something strange and I wondered if anyone can explain it or help with it.

I've been writing a song and just mastered it. I've played the song in a couple of media players and in both of them, the volume (and it SOUNDS to me like the quality too but I can't be sure) increases if I then open my browser. To be clear, I'm listening to a song in a media player, switching to my browser with the track still playing, and a split second later the volume (and possibly quality) jumps up. If I switch back to the media player it goes back down. Why would that be? I have been playing a bit with driver settings in FL Studio, but only switching back and forth between two drivers, nothing else.

I don't have any browser extensions that would impact this, and I opened an incognito window and the same thing happens.

I suppose a follow up is: how can I just make it like this all the time? It really seems to sound better and I don't think it's just volume. It sounds similar to when I change my driver in FL Studio from the default to ASIO4ALL, and that's what I kind of suspect it is although I have no idea why or how it would be happening

submitted by /u/strangehello
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/strangehello, Nov 19, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Volume increases while watching videos

Hi Chan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this issue occur while using a particular program/browser? If yes, which is the
      program/browser?
    • When you say sound increases while watching a new video, does it mean that the Volume Mixer automatically increases the volume from 10%?

Post us back with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??

Smittychat., Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??

1. Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser?? - Similar Threads - Volume sound quality

2. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  3. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  4. Increase Volume key opens Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Volume key opens Outlook: Whenever I try to increase the volume on my PC, using a dedicated volume key, my computer opens an instance of Outlook. None of the other keys in the top row work, with the exception of the mail key and the app-switcher key, which both function as intended. I am not sure if...
  5. Increase Volume key opens Outlook

Increase Volume key opens Outlook: Whenever I try to increase the volume on my PC, using a dedicated volume key, my computer opens an instance of Outlook. None of the other keys in the top row work, with the exception of the mail key and the app-switcher key, which both function as intended. I am not sure if...
  6. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  7. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  8. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

9. increasing the sound volume on the system

in Windows 10 Customization
    increasing the sound volume on the system: How can I turn up the sound... volume on my computer... all seems to be at full but still not loud enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-the-sound-volume-on-the-system/68e232ef-96a9-4079-bef3-203b45276205
  10. Increase Volumed W Reduced Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase Volumed W Reduced Sound: Hi y'all I am wondering how I can increase the volume of my headphones without having too much sound come out of it to the public. submitted by /u/TrapBae2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2d3ww/increase_volumed_w_reduced_sound/