Windows 10: Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

Discus and support Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem is a bit hard to explain, but it's extremely annoying. Whenever I play audio via my Bluetooth headphones, it blasts out at 100% volume.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rachel Sollenberger, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

This problem is a bit hard to explain, but it's extremely annoying. Whenever I play audio via my Bluetooth headphones, it blasts out at 100% volume. There's a setting called something along the lines of 'Audio preferences in Devices', which allows me to set the volume for apps, but it only allows three specific ones- two of which I don't use, and the third constantly needs me to turn up/down the volume. While this audio preferences seems like a partial solution, it just softens/amplifies the sound for the three apps, and the sound will still remain at the same volume no matter where the audio slider is at for the headphones. This doesn't happen via the speakers of the computer itself, so this means it's an error that's specific to either Bluetooth or the headphones I'm using. I'm not sure what caused this, as I didn't do anything to cause it and it was working just fine until this error suddenly happened while I was listening to some music. It's incredibly annoying, so if anybody has at the very least an explanation it would be highly appreciated.

:)

Rachel Sollenberger, Jun 14, 2019

2. Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume.

Phone volume and music player volume are somehow interlinked, if i lower the volume of music player it will result in lowering the ringing volume. What to do??????????? Anybody give some suggestion or request microsoft to provide an update with this issue
    solved......................................... I Use Nokia Lumia 520 (Yellow).........

Thank You...

The Inspironatic Guy, Jun 14, 2019
  3. m Sam0310 Win User
    Volume struck at 100%

On new Dell Inspiron laptop, Volume Control is displayed in top left corner of screen and won't go away. Volume is stuck at 100%. If I lower the volume, it automatically goes back to 100%. It is as if the volume-up button is stuck on. And also my Volume
    button don't work.

Please help!

m Sam0310, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

Volume control at 100, can't mute or reduce sound

The volume buttons (louder, softer, mute) on laptop sound do not work. The headphone volume is set to 100, and when I click on the slider to lower volume, the slider automatically slides back up to 100. The black and green volume control box is constantly
    displayed in upper left of screen -- again, set to 100. When I click on slider to lower volume, the slider automatically slides back up to 100.

I just did a SFC /scannow to address a dropdown menu issue, and so the system has been verified.

Please advise a fix. Thanks.

RachelHeerema_769, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

1. Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower - Similar Threads - Volume stays 100%

2. Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?: There is one program on my computer Age of Empires 2 if that's relevant that always sounds like the volume is at the maximum, even when I slide the main volume mixer down to zero, lower PC volume with the F2 key, or mute my PC with the F1 key. This seems to only happen when I...
  3. Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program volume always at 100 even when main volume is muted?: There is one program on my computer Age of Empires 2 if that's relevant that always sounds like the volume is at the maximum, even when I slide the main volume mixer down to zero, lower PC volume with the F2 key, or mute my PC with the F1 key. This seems to only happen when I...
  4. Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME: Hi, I recently installed AMD drivers and after the installation and updates of all drivers, my laptop volume maxed to 100%. I tried to lower it down using the slider button. I don't know what to do anymore. All drivers are up to date and installed. pls help...
  5. Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME

Volume is VERY loud even when it's at 2% slider volume. Everything is 100% MAXED VOLUME: Hi, I recently installed AMD drivers and after the installation and updates of all drivers, my laptop volume maxed to 100%. I tried to lower it down using the slider button. I don't know what to do anymore. All drivers are up to date and installed. pls help...
  6. Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%: I've plugged in multiple microphones, so I know the issue isn't the mic. Please help to solve the issue for the low sounding mic. It's only picking up 29%...
  7. Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%

Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%: I've plugged in multiple microphones, so I know the issue isn't the mic. Please help to solve the issue for the low sounding mic. It's only picking up 29%...
  8. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Hello, I've been having troubles with my machine's sound settings. I recently switched to a new desk setup, and on my old desk setup, my speakers were working fine. But when I switched to my new desk setup, the speakers became extremely quiet. I can only hear them modestly...
  9. When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%: SONY Tap 20 with Windows 10 Version 1903. After reducing brightness, my laptop reverts back to 100% - sometimes within a second and sometimes within 20 minutes. "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" is NOT checked. Display adapters cannot roll back. All...
  10. Lower DPI settings than 100% (96DPI) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower DPI settings than 100% (96DPI) ?: Hi is it possible to set lower DPI than default 100% ? I want something like 90-80%, but cant figure how to set it via registry. Tried tutorials for W7 with LogPixels set, but its always set back (and strange, i have set 100%, and Hkey_Current_Config/Software/fonts/logpixels...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in windows 10 when I try to lower the volumn it reverts to the maximum