Windows 10: Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider

Discus and support Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop. For some reason, no matter what level I adjust the volume to, it's always really loud. I have it at 2 right now, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Huan Huan Chen, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider

Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop. For some reason, no matter what level I adjust the volume to, it's always really loud. I have it at 2 right now, and it's still blaring loud. If I set it to 100, it's the same volume. Any ideas?

:)

Huan Huan Chen, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Low volume problem. Windows 10 anniversary.

Thanks for the details.

You can follow the steps to change the volume level of your sound device(s).

• Right click on the volume icon in the notification tray.
    • Select Playback devices and right click on Speakers.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    • Use the slider to adjust the volume, click Apply and hit
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Mic Volume Slider Stuck on Screen

So I just set up my recording stuff for the first time on my new build. As soon as I turn the mixer on, this volume slider pops up in the way of everything and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. When I turn the mixer off, it disappears. I've checked Sound settings inside and out, and I'm not sure where else to look.

Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider [​IMG]

Windows 10 Pro 19042.746

siderbright, Jul 4, 2021
  4. awalt Win User

Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider

1. Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider - Similar Threads - Volume stuck level

2. Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10: When I adjust the volume slider with the mouse or arrow keys, there is always "bong" sound. It is very intrusive. I am adjusting the slider based on the volume of the music to optimize concentration. Every single adjustment is followed by a very loud "BONG". Not only is it...
  3. Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10: When I adjust the volume slider with the mouse or arrow keys, there is always "bong" sound. It is very intrusive. I am adjusting the slider based on the volume of the music to optimize concentration. Every single adjustment is followed by a very loud "BONG". Not only is it...
  4. Avoid "bong" when adjusting the volume slider on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume slider does not change the level of loudness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not change the level of loudness: Hi! I've been experiencing that my laptop volume slider does not work. It doesn't change it volume it only stays at 100% volume even it is only set to 2%, but when i mute the volume the sounds will be muted. It does not let me to change the loudness of my volume. Does any one...
  6. No changes even I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No changes even I adjust volume: I updated driver and now there is no changes even I slide the volume slider. For example, I tried to lower down the volume it will stays the same. I restarted the computer at all and nothings change its like it is stuck on certain percentage. I need help since I use the...
  7. No changes even I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No changes even I adjust volume: I updated driver and now there is no changes even I slide the volume slider. For example, I tried to lower down the volume it will stays the same. I restarted the computer at all and nothings change its like it is stuck on certain percentage. I need help since I use the...
  8. No changes even I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume: I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn...
  10. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...