Windows 10: volume stuck on zero--continuous scroll_down?

Discus and support volume stuck on zero--continuous scroll_down? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This happens about once a week and the only work around is to restart. my volume would be triggered by either launching a game or youtube, the volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Limit22, Mar 23, 2020.

1. volume stuck on zero--continuous scroll_down?

This happens about once a week and the only work around is to restart. my volume would be triggered by either launching a game or youtube, the volume descends to zero and scroll up cannot offset the continuous inputs of down_scroll. If I go into the window's pop for volume control in the upper left, and click at the volume bar at any level above zero, it would descend to zero. Volume would work once I click a higher level but in less than a second, it would be turbo scrolled down to zero. Something is trigger a press and hold plus turbo on wheel mouse scroll down.

2700x

Gigabyte b450 1.0.0.4 Aorus Elite rev51

16 DDR4

1060ti 5GB Asustek A1

Corsair Mouse Ironclaw

Corsair Keybaord k70 MK.2

COVID19: no, not yet

Poop: in the mornings

system overclocked: no

purchased windows: yes, twice because of cpu and mb upgrade--wtf why?

dual monitor

one speaker for main

built in speaker on off monitor--that I do use for youtube mostly

*also note, windows has a VERY hard time allocating my settings to default all chrome to monitor speakers. example, youtube would play it's commercial in main speaker and then swap to monitor speaker or I would have to toggle monitor speaker in setting regardless of youtube and youtube commercials. this happens about 3times a week.

thanks in advance for solutions and future patches.

submitted by /u/Limit22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Limit22, Mar 23, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. rabensti Win User
    Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

Tried your suggestion. Troubleshooter tells to increase volume in mixer, which I did. Volume quickly goes back to zero, as before. Troubleshooter says :unable to fix all of the issues found.

Problems found:

Low audio volume Not fixed

Audio device muted Not fixed

rabensti, Mar 23, 2020
  4. volume stuck on zero--continuous scroll_down?

Volume keeps decreasing to zero automatically

The volume icon is stuck on the top left of the screen, and whenever I increase the volume using the display or keyboard it keeps spiraling down to zero/mute. I have run my anti virus program, malwarebytes, and audio troubleshoot but they all detected nothing.
    I have updated the realteck high definition audio driver, rolled it back, even unistalled it and rebooted my computer, but the problem persists.

The strangest thing is when I switch my laptop to tablet mode the volume becomes stuck at 100 and increases automatically to 100 whenever I try to decrease it.

I would appreciate help with this issue.

nikitacancallara, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

volume stuck on zero--continuous scroll_down?

1. volume stuck on zero--continuous scroll_down? - Similar Threads - volume stuck zero

2. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  3. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  4. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot

Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot: My old hard disk that came pre-installed on my Dell Inspiron 13-5378 with Windows 10 was deteriorating. So I replaced it with a new SSD installed windows 10 again.1.However, as soon as I finished the installation, I noticed the volume indicator near the top left of the screen...
  6. Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - volume stuck at zero and always starts with diagnostic boot: HiMy old hard disk where I had Windows 10 installed was deteriorating. So I replaced it with a new SSD on my Dell Inspiron 13-5378 and installed windows 10 again.1.However, as soon as I finished the installation, I noticed the volume indicator near the top left of the screen...
  7. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  8. Bluetooth Disconnects When Volume Drops to Zero

Bluetooth Disconnects When Volume Drops to Zero: When my Windows 10 computer is producing no sound, the bluetooth connection disconnects. The next time a sound is played, for example a bell when an email arrives, the first part of that sound is not heard because the system must first reestablish the bluetooth connection....
  9. Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.: Something keeps forcing the audio volume level to zero on my Dell Inspiron 3185 (Windows 10). Whatever it is, it is also displaying a volume control slider on the upper left corner of my home screen. I can adjust the volume with this slider, but in a second or two it goes...
  10. Page file stuck at zero

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page file stuck at zero: I have suddenly started getting serious memory loss problems, with the Tablet PC showing warnings and closing down before I can achieve anything. The Page file is shown stuck at zero. I have not been able to change it in the configuration menu. I enter automatic or customised...