Windows 10: Volume up button now activates the shortcut ctrl+f

Discus and support Volume up button now activates the shortcut ctrl+f in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I hit volume up key now, it activates the same search box as ctrl + f. If I use the function key with the volume up key it works like I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by midasTOUCH21, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Volume up button now activates the shortcut ctrl+f

Whenever I hit volume up key now, it activates the same search box as ctrl + f. If I use the function key with the volume up key it works like I'm intending it to. Is this because of an update or does anyone know how I can change this? I would prefer to not have use the fn key to turn the volume up every time.

:)

midasTOUCH21, Nov 15, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Windows Media Player - Skip Track Shortcut?

The shortcut key is Ctrl-F, so if you bind that to a key or mouse, still wmp will need to be the active window for it to work.

thraxed, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 15, 2019
  4. nsLF Win User

Volume up button now activates the shortcut ctrl+f

Audio Key to Find Shortcut Help?

Whenever I press my "increase volume" button on my keyboard, either no audio bar shows up or the "Ctrl F" command is activated. I am on Windows 10, any suggestions to help?

Thema:

Volume up button now activates the shortcut ctrl+f

1. Volume up button now activates the shortcut ctrl+f - Similar Threads - Volume button activates

2. Volume up key activates the ctrl + f function / ctrl + g function. How do i revert it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume up key activates the ctrl + f function / ctrl + g function. How do i revert it?: Whenever I hit volume up key now, it activates the same search box as ctrl + f. Is there a way for me to change it because yt videos are not helping...
  3. Volume up key activates the ctrl + f function / ctrl + g function. How do i revert it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume up key activates the ctrl + f function / ctrl + g function. How do i revert it?: Whenever I hit volume up key now, it activates the same search box as ctrl + f. Is there a way for me to change it because yt videos are not helping...
  4. volume buttons now activate ctrl + f seach bar , brightness buttons now do something else too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons now activate ctrl + f seach bar , brightness buttons now do something else too.: winver details - Version 21H2 OS build 19044.21.2130 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons-now-activate-ctrl-f-seach-bar/f247c39f-49cc-400f-b740-2c911716a6f3
  5. volume buttons now activate ctrl + f seach bar , brightness buttons now do something else too.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons now activate ctrl + f seach bar , brightness buttons now do something else too.: winver details - Version 21H2 OS build 19044.21.2130 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons-now-activate-ctrl-f-seach-bar/f247c39f-49cc-400f-b740-2c911716a6f3
  6. volume buttons now activate ctrl + f seach bar , brightness buttons now do something else too.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wifi, volume and F key buttons not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi, volume and F key buttons not working: I am experiencing problem with WiFi I can't find it on my setting and the volume buttons are not working please assist me. I tried every possible solution on YouTube but still same issue . [IMG]...
  8. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working: Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363 Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works. Pretty sure this is a windows bug submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  9. CTRL+F doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL+F doesn't work: I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it, and all the keys definitely work individually (for example I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F just fine for some applications...
  10. Windows 10 and Ctrl + F

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Ctrl + F: In previous versions of Windows (or is it just the Firefox browser?), searching for terms (using Ctrl + F) in browsers was better--instead of searching solely for whole terms, it searched for anything you typed (e.g., while typing "eradicate", it would have found every "e",...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume up ctrl f

2. my volume button activates ctrl f instead