Windows 10: Volume very low on 3.5 mm output

Discus and support Volume very low on 3.5 mm output in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys. I have a Windows 10 PC with an MSI z370 Gaming Plus MOBO. I HAD it running smoothly until I upgraded a graphics card (gtx1060 -> gtx1080).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TinnyKirovsky, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Volume very low on 3.5 mm output

Hello guys.

I have a Windows 10 PC with an MSI z370 Gaming Plus MOBO. I HAD it running smoothly until I upgraded a graphics card (gtx1060 -> gtx1080). After the upgrade (Installed Nvidia Graphics controllers), I noticed that the headphones using the front or back jack sounds way too quiet. I have to max it out at 100 to notice any sound.

I have tried the following

Disable Sound enhancements as many posts suggest.

Installed from MSI the Realtek HD Audio Driver.

Check Loudness Equalization and turned off

Uninstalled Nvidia HD Audio controllers

Installed drivers from Microsoft (Uninstalled Realtek Audio drivers and did a "check for hardware changes" so Windows installs the drivers from the Windows repository).

The headphones work fine, checked on a laptop and those are not to blame, also I have a Logitech g560 speakers and when I plug the headphones in the jack of those, they sound great there.

I can't find any solution to this problem. Has anyone here a clue of what or just how to fix this without hard formating the whole PC?

Thanks

submitted by /u/TinnyKirovsky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TinnyKirovsky, Jan 17, 2020

2. Low sound output volume!!!

Dear All,

I had just bought my N900, but I'm surprised that when I playing any mp3 or when assigning a ringetone, the sound output or volume is so low

Comparing with my old one N95. yes it's extremely low..

while trying to decrease the volume and mark it to be like 25%, it will be zero sound output

regarding my update,i am on the latest>>>>>>>> 10.2010.19-1.003

i have downloaded a new media player with equalizer, nothing new, same low volume

and i guess it's not related to media player, as if someone dialing me the ring tone also is very low

I like the device, but something like that would be awful

every thing is perfect except the sound

and i didn't compare my N900 with another N900 one...

is it designed to be like so, or there is any comment regarding my specific device?

is it defective?

kindly advice,

mahoudelshafey, Jan 17, 2020
  3. nokia 5235 low audio output

I purchased nokia 5235 two weeks back. The ringtone volume is very very low and most of the time I missed the calls due to it. Also audio output of songs is very low. Is this the problem with all nokia 5235 or probably with my handset. Kindly suggest the
    solution.

talktoanubhav, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Volume very low on 3.5 mm output

Low sound volume

Found the Solution finally after 3 hours of working!!!!
    After following the above steps, please follow below steps for assured solution to the problem. I already did so and now its working fine. volume outputs are okay now and the headphones/mic is also working fine.

1) Go to device manager, under control panel.
    2) Select "audio input and outputs". Under this option, two options will occur stating "conexant audio driver or Conexant audio driver HD" or something like these. Right click on each one of them at a time and uninstall both of them from the system.
    3) After uninstalling, scroll further down the list in device manager. You will find "Sound video and game controllers". Please select this and again uninstall all Conexant audio drivers.

AFTER THESE THREE STEPS, BASICALLY THERE ARE NO AUDIO DRIVERS ON YOUR LAPTOP/COMPUTER/PC.
    So we need new audio drivers. Go to google.com and search "Realtek audio drivers for windows 10".

1) Follow this link : Realtek
    2) Please select the small box in front of "I accept to the above" and click on "NEXT".
    3) A new page will open and a list of divers will appear. If you are using windows 10 on a 32-bit system then follow the first link mentioning (32bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) and click on the last dialogue box "GLOBAL"

4)
    If you are using a 64-bit system, then follow the link mentioning (64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) and click on the dialogue box at the end of this row "GLOBAL" .
    5) Let the download complete and after completion please install.
    6) It will ask to restart the system. After restarting you are good to go.!!!!

ALL WE DID WAS REMOVE THE CONEXANT AUDIO DRIVERS AND REPLACE
    THEM WITH "REALTEK AUDIO DRIVERS" ..
    Enjoy!!!

Shaktibrata18, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Volume very low on 3.5 mm output

1. Volume very low on 3.5 mm output - Similar Threads - Volume very low

2. Microphone volume very low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume very low: My mike volume was completely fine before I upgraded to windows 11, and now it is barely audible, I've updated the drivers, followed many videos on how other people have fixed this, and still haven't got the microphone to raise...
  3. Microphone volume very low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume very low: My mike volume was completely fine before I upgraded to windows 11, and now it is barely audible, I've updated the drivers, followed many videos on how other people have fixed this, and still haven't got the microphone to raise...
  4. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Very Low and Cutting Out: Whenever I plug a USB headset into my computer it is always extremely noisy. I have to use windows volume at 2% and it consistently cuts out. Whenever I use the volume slider on my headset it adjusts windows volume instead of the headsets volume. I have tried multiple...
  5. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Very Low and Cutting Out: Whenever I plug a USB headset into my computer it is always extremely noisy. I have to use windows volume at 2% and it consistently cuts out. Whenever I use the volume slider on my headset it adjusts windows volume instead of the headsets volume. I have tried multiple...
  6. Microphone volume is very low.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume is very low.: How can I make mic volume louder in Win 10? I don't see a slider like on previous versions of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-volume-is-very-low/d2759796-edfb-4861-829a-fdc307c60291
  7. Microphone Volume is very low

Microphone Volume is very low: I have a user that is having issues with her microphone, I have already checked all windows 10 settings. There is no Microphone Boost option but the volume is set to max, I checked settings in Zoom and the volume is max and input device is correct. I already tried running the...
  8. Microphone's volume is suddenly very low.

Microphone's volume is suddenly very low.: I had no problems with my headset with microphone. Volume was always normal. But then I used the program called Voicemod which is voice changer software. Then in the same day I deleted it. Next day I had online meeting and everyone were complaining that they can barely hear...
  9. Surface Book output volume is low

Surface Book output volume is low: My surface book audio is low. Have tried some fix, but still the issue is there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-output-volume-is-low/019fbf2b-9623-44e6-b2a1-181579e77716
  10. Very low volume on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very low volume on computer: Hey there! I am running windows 10, and have noticed that my volume is very low in youtube, and a game I play called payday 2. I set all my browser settings and my game settings to full and I always keep my volume set to 100, however, they are still to quiet for me. I thought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio too quiet 2020