Windows 10: Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

Discus and support Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jacksmith-futurama, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn down the volume is to open the windows sound icon and adjust it there or go to the application and slide the volume that way, but I am completely unable to adjust the volume with my volume wheel.

I've been messing around a bit with audio programs and must have messed something up, but please let me know how I can fix this, it is very irritating.

submitted by /u/jacksmith-futurama
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jacksmith-futurama, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Xorph Win User

Windows 10: Headphone Volume Wheel no longer adjusts volume

I just finished upgrading my desktop from Win7 to Win10, and am now having a problem with my headphones.

The headphones have a volume wheel on them that I can normally use to adjust the volume with as opposed to needing to adjust the slider in Volume Control. However, now that I've switched to Windows 10, the volume wheel no longer has any effect on applications'
    volume levels. Everything simply plays as though the wheel were turned all the way to max (though I can still turn them down via Volume Control, this is much less convenient).

I've tested them on my laptop that is still running Windows 7 and the volume wheel works fine there. Additionally, turning the wheel up or down while plugged into the desktop still adjusts the volume of the headphone's background white noise, which leads
    me to strongly believe that this issue is directly related to Windows 10.

The headphones are Turtle Beach PX21s. They connect via both a USB cord and a green audio jack. They function if only the USB cord is plugged in, but not if only the jack is plugged in, and to my memory the purpose of having both is so that the headphones
    can draw power from the usb port while sending the audio data via the audio jack.

If anyone knows of any fixes, or any additional information I can provide that might point out the issue, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Xorph, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Oct 16, 2020
  4. awalt Win User

Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

1. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume - Similar Threads - Volume wheel slider

2. Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?: As of recently on my Dell XPS 1300, the volume output on the built-in speakers of my laptop are staying at the highest volume. I can adjust the volume slider and the setting number will change, but the actual output volume remains extremely loud even at the lowest setting....
  3. Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?: As of recently on my Dell XPS 1300, the volume output on the built-in speakers of my laptop are staying at the highest volume. I can adjust the volume slider and the setting number will change, but the actual output volume remains extremely loud even at the lowest setting....
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound plays while the volume adjustment slider is open: Since this morning whenever I open the volume slider an alarm sound starts playing automatically. Because I want to adjust the volume of the thing I'm currently listening to this is obviously rather annoying. I cannot find any information about this only so I was wondering if...
  8. System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.

System Tray Volume Slider ding noise when adjusting the volume.: I noticed that the volume slider no longer makes the ding when adjusting the volume. This is very annoying especially when trying to adjust the volume for multiple external sources. I now have to make sure something is playing when changing the output device. So very...
  9. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...
  10. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c