Windows 10: Volume won't change unless video is playing

Discus and support Volume won't change unless video is playing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when changing the volume of sound using the windows taskbar or by using the volume changer on my headphones it visually changes, but until a video is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maxes195, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Maxes195 Win User

Volume won't change unless video is playing

when changing the volume of sound using the windows taskbar or by using the volume changer on my headphones it visually changes, but until a video is played the volume will stay the same. I've tried searching around for answers but I haven't been able to find any related issues like this. It's been this way for at least a year I believe and it's always drove me nuts.

:)

Maxes195, Apr 16, 2021

2. Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Before I follow your suggestions, a quick update: as the updating didn´t seem to work I stopped trying and just left it alone for awhile. About a half hour later I looked over and saw that the mute light was now blue. I tried the button but it and the volume buttons did not work at all. On the screen I was told that I needed to reboot, which I did and now the system has returned back to the way it was before: everything works except that the mute light does not change to blue as it should when the speakers are not muted. WTF?

mrsnakeman, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Volume won't change unless video is playing

Video Lag

Hi John,

The latency in playing videos might have been caused by network interruption, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Does the issue happens when playing videos online or you have experienced the latency when playing videos that are saved on your drive too?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any network issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use Microsoft Edge and
    Internet Explorer
    to check if the issue persists. If the issue happens in Internet Explorer, please use this article as your reference:

Videos won’t play in Internet Explorer

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Volume won't change unless video is playing

1. Volume won't change unless video is playing - Similar Threads - Volume won't change

2. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  3. The volume won't change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The volume won't change: So basically, when I want to put down the volume using the buttons on the keyboard or the one on the speakers option, at the bottom right of the screen, it does visually change the volume, but not the sound itself. The sound stays very loud and I have no idea why. I tried...
  4. The volume won't change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The volume won't change: So basically, when I want to put down the volume using the buttons on the keyboard or the one on the speakers option, at the bottom right of the screen, it does visually change the volume, but not the sound itself. The sound stays very loud and I have no idea why. I tried...
  5. audio and videos won't play and function unless earphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio and videos won't play and function unless earphones are plugged: So this happens when my earphones are not plugged:I can't play music and when I play videos, it gets laggy and it stops playing. But when I plugged in my earphones, it functions well. A while ago, the Xbox screen recording idk what you call that suddenly popped open. I...
  6. Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+

Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+: This is a weird issue I can't seem to resolve. Here we go: I have a PC running Win10. Attached is a 4-bay USB3 enclosure with all bays occupied. When I power up the enclosure, only three of the four drives actually mount. The only way I've been able to get that fourth drive...
  7. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  8. HP Envy won't load videos or play audio unless connected to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Envy won't load videos or play audio unless connected to a wireless display: HP Envy 15M-EE0023DX. Windows 10 Home version 1909. This all started yesterday after I applied a windows update. If I try to play a Youtube video on Google Chrome or on Microsoft Edge I get an endless cycle of loading. When I connect to my TV the videos load up right away...
  9. Video's won't play

Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  10. Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting??

Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting??: I have an older computer as back up and rarely use. But I was wondering if someone could help? Basically, I have a monitor set up via HDMI and an old AMD 5860 graphics card. And no videos on YouTube or Sports apps will play. They constantly come up with an error and either...