Windows 10: volumes and if i delete them

Discus and support volumes and if i delete them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i delete a volume that i created using my c:\ space, i added 21gb, will it return the 21gb to my main c: drive or not?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by skyxHR, Jun 23, 2022.

1. skyxHR Win User

volumes and if i delete them

when i delete a volume that i created using my c:\ space, i added 21gb, will it return the 21gb to my main c: drive or not?

:)

skyxHR, Jun 23, 2022

2. Cannot delete volume

Hello Machael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the type of the volume?

You may check the type of the volume in disk management by following the below steps:

• Press Windows + R.
    • Type "diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter.

I request you to attach screenshot of the Disk Management page.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

Redirecting

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 23, 2022
  3. Cannot delete volume

Thank you Very much.

Michael Bereece.

volumes and if i delete them ba6a3d13-99d9-454a-bdb2-88899e8b2660.png

Michael-Bereece, Jun 23, 2022
  4. volumes and if i delete them

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

volumes and if i delete them

1. volumes and if i delete them - Similar Threads - volumes delete

2. Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.: Trying to delete volume E so I can extend volume D but I get a message saying that volume is currently in use even tho it's currently empty. It offers me a forced deletion, since there is nothing on there I should do it right?...
  3. Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.: Trying to delete volume E so I can extend volume D but I get a message saying that volume is currently in use even tho it's currently empty. It offers me a forced deletion, since there is nothing on there I should do it right?...
  4. Help! Trying to delete a volume but getting a message it's in use even tho it's empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.: When I install something, i will experience long periods of 100% spin and 0b data transfers. It does eventually clear, but it will return at random timesmoving the laptop around doesn't initiate it. I finally got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't install ANYTHING in...
  6. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.: When I install something, i will experience long periods of 100% spin and 0b data transfers. It does eventually clear, but it will return at random timesmoving the laptop around doesn't initiate it. I finally got frustrated with the fact that I couldn't install ANYTHING in...
  7. I can delete all I want, but adding anything to Volume E will result in complete lockdowns.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  9. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?: Good day everyone!I tried dual booting a linux distro with my windows 10. I used my Disk D not disk C to give space for the linux distro. Now I wanted to delete the volume that I've given to my linux so that I can extend my disk D volume, but I can't seem to delete it. I used...
  10. How do I delete a volume that has no option to do so?