Windows 10: Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

Discus and support Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Karl HarrisonL, May 18, 2019.

1. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%

:)

Karl HarrisonL, May 18, 2019

2. How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

Hey,

So basically, my laptop, a Dell G5 15, used to have the speaker volume at a different volume level than the headphones. For example, if I had the speaker volume at 0%, and then plugged in my headphones, it would be at 50%, and when I disconnect it, the laptop
    speakers would remain at 0%, not 50%, and the headphones would remain at 50%. I want to keep my laptop like this, but now, even if I try to keep both settings at different volumes, both would be at the same volume %. How can I fix this? Thanks!

splashing_30, May 18, 2019
  3. Maintaining volume level across different devices or Device specific volume to be used

Hello Jain,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your requirement in this regard.

With your description, we tried to reproduce the issue and found a way to make it possible. Follow below mentioned steps and see if they helps you.

* Go to System tray (I.e. bottom right corner) and right-click on
    Speaker Icon and select Playback devices from connect menu.

* Under Playback tab, right-click on the Speaker device listed there and select
    Properties.

* Go to Levels tab, drag and set the volume slider for Speakers as required and click
    OK. Close all windows.

* Now plug-in the Headphones and again go and right-click on Speaker Icon and select Playback devices
    from connect menu.

* Under Playback tab, right-click on the Speaker/Headphones device listed there and select
    Properties.

* Click on Levels tab, then drag and set the volume slider for Headphones to other value as per your requirement and Click
    OK. Now check if it works.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 18, 2019
  4. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

1. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels - Similar Threads - Volumes laptop speaker

2. Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume: Whenever I change my volume, the number on the volume slider changes, but not the actual volume coming out of my speakers, which stays at 100. Im on a laptop, so switching speakers/insides is not an option...
  3. Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume on pc is at any level, but volume coming from speakers stays at full volume: Whenever I change my volume, the number on the volume slider changes, but not the actual volume coming out of my speakers, which stays at 100. Im on a laptop, so switching speakers/insides is not an option...
  4. Make same audio come through headphones and speaker at different volume.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make same audio come through headphones and speaker at different volume.: I'm attending a virtual concert in a couple of days. I have some LED lights in my room that I can sync with audio through the mic on my phone, and I want to do this to add a little bit of atmosphere. Unfortunately I cannot play music loud out of my laptop speakers as I live...
  5. Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.: The headphone volume is painfully loud compared to the speaker volume. I am lowering/raising the volume every time I need to switch between headphone and the speaker (several times a day). Is there a way to set Win10 to have different volume settings for my headphone and...
  6. HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...

HELP! Inconsistent Volume Levels between Device Speaker and Headphones/Speaker. (I keep...: There are numerous times that I've blown out my eardrums at this point. Generally, I think that everyone, including me, keeps their volume levels at a comfortable level of 20-25/100 regardless if you're using the device speaker or headphones/earphones for any device, may it...
  7. Laptop thinks my headphones are my speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop thinks my headphones are my speakers: Okay so i have a gaming headset that uses my usb port, i got it awhile ago but for some reason when i plugged it in a few days ago it made my laptop think that my default and only speakers. my laptop speakers dont work, neither do any headphones i plug in. i have restarted,...
  8. How can I ser different audio levels for headphones and built-in speakers?

How can I ser different audio levels for headphones and built-in speakers?: I had that feature earlier in my laptop but it was gone when I reset my laptop recently. I didn't install any program earlier to do that submitted by /u/theanreddy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dnxo26/how_can_i_ser_different_audio_levels_for/
  9. How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings: Hey, So basically, my laptop, a Dell G5 15, used to have the speaker volume at a different volume level than the headphones. For example, if I had the speaker volume at 0%, and then plugged in my headphones, it would be at 50%, and when I disconnect it, the laptop speakers...
  10. Keep volume level when plugging in headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep volume level when plugging in headphones: Hello, the system changes the volume when I plug headphones into my laptop's audio jack. When I unplug them, the volume returns back to its original setting. So the system remembers volume setting for each individual device. This feature may be useful, but I find it quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set speakers and headphones different volues