Windows 10: VoodooShield & Simple Software-restriction Policy & EMET

Discus and support VoodooShield & Simple Software-restriction Policy & EMET in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Can someone say please if there are any advantages/advantages of using these three together active in the same time on Windows 10 64-bit Home... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xdpsx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. xdpsx Win User

VoodooShield & Simple Software-restriction Policy & EMET

Hi,

Can someone say please if there are any advantages/advantages of using these three together active in the same time on Windows 10 64-bit Home edition?

1. VoodooShield
    VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.

2. Simple Software-restriction Policy
    Simple Software-restriction Policy - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

3. Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50766

Do they have the same functions, scope?
    Can they complete one each other?

If you consider that is not a good idea or is not necessary to use all three of them in the same, which single one, or which two alternatives together would you recommend please?

Thank you.

:)

xdpsx, Nov 9, 2016

2. PC Suite 7 won't install

Hi Jonathan, thanks for taking time out to help me. Firstly I have looked into software installed & I have windows media centre XP professional!

I have looked into my group policies & it is unrestricted in the security levels. However in the enforcement section it states apply software restriction policies to all users except local administrators & apply software restriction policies to all software?

I have never had any problems loading software before so this is really stumping me.

The article windowsnetworking.com is interesting does this mean I could create a rule to allow installation of nokia pcsuite?

The Technet article is interesting also, if I knew how to use the windows installer!

Is there any way I could trick the program into running?

Thanks again.

Ian

cambridgeian, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Windows Defender Periodic Scanning is switched off every time I start computer and stays on until the next WD definition update.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I do have a few other security products running alongside Avast.

Here is the list:

EMET

Malwarebytes Antiexploit

Malwarebytes Antiransomware

Voodooshield

Crystal Security

They were all running well with WD Periodic Scanning for a few weeks after I did a clean install so I am not sure what caused conflict a few days ago.

RichardHusar, Nov 9, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Nov 9, 2016
Thema:

1. VoodooShield & Simple Software-restriction Policy & EMET - Similar Threads - VoodooShield Simple Software

2. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  3. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  4. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: I am trying to install Discord but whenever I download DiscordSetup It says "IT policies may be restricting access to this folder". I have tried turning off the User Control settings in both Pontrol Panel and Registry and it still says the same thing.I hope you can help me...
  5. Restricting apps through Group Policy

Restricting apps through Group Policy: Hi, it appears that I have essentially brickedmy PC.I was trying to restrict one local user'sapplication privileges to only run a few specific applications. was running through this...
  6. Implementation of Software Restriction Policy in Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Implementation of Software Restriction Policy in Windows 10 pro: HI Microsoft Team, Can we use Software Restriction Policy SRP in windows 10 pro, version1909 to block/ restrict built-in apps permanently? Regards Kishor K....
  7. It policies may be restricting access to this folder

It policies may be restricting access to this folder: Hi! Can any tell me how can I solve this issue when I try to install MS team my laptop showing the error "it policies may be restricting access to this folder" If anyone knows how to solve it please share it as soon as possible...
  8. Volume restriction software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume restriction software: My son is 11yrs old and has autism.He spends quite a bit of his time on his PC and the problem we have is the loudness he has it set on. Obviously we have age appropriate/content/time restrictions etc but can anyone tell me if there is any software I can download that works...
  9. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: was attempting to download and install "Discord' and when I clicked on the exe it gave me this nbotification. I am confussed as many other programs install fine.. I am the only admin and only user of this PC and not understanding why I am getting this notification....
  10. Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1803 Software Restriction Policy no longer being developed.: Can someone explain this to me on what they mean be no longer being developed? Currently we have computers from windows 7 to 10 up to 1709 and a couple 10 boxes on 1803. All of these have Software Restriction Policy's applied to them and are working. 128679