Windows 10: Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

Discus and support Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890. Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display port(same as 5471). - Windows 10, latest updates. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ild mal, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Ild mal Win User

Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890.

Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display port(same as 5471).

- Windows 10, latest updates.

- Updated all firmware (bios, chipset, etc)

- Disabled power options in usb settings

- Reinstalled usb drivers 100 times

- Reinstalled windows

So when i connect display i get it constantly reconnecting. It says usb plugged in, plugged out.

Sometimes i get big "number 1" on my laptop, which means it connects display, but then it dissapears.

Also if i go to screen settings, i see blinking resolution settings, but cant change them.

In devices i get this sequence:

Geneic Superspeed Usb Hub:

Device configured

Device not started (USBHUB3)

Device USB\VID_04E8&PID_0411\5&b71e921&0&16 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usbhub3.inf
    Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
    Service: USBHUB3
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0xA
    Problem Status: 0xC0000001

-------

So i have dell vostro 5471. And it works without any settings. Just plug & play.

So the problem not in monitor or cable. Also i have usb charger, and it charges my 5481, so prb usb port is not dead.

Guys, i didnt sleep for 2 days, pls help me.

:)

Ild mal, Oct 12, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Are U prepping for USB Type-C?

The thing is though, it's very forward thinking because it eliminates the need to use various types of cables for recharging, data transferring and streaming and even connecting to external displays. Cable wise it's the creme de la creme of portable devices.

USB Type-C isn't just cute and cuddly, it's ultra practical, esp in the ever shrinking and versatile world of portable electronics.

Frag Maniac, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

USB Type C Connection

Hi, Franklin.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to do multiple monitor display?
    • Since are using USB-C Dongle, are you trying to setup as Wi-Fi hotspot connection?
    • Have you check if you have an updated firmware/chipset on your USB-C?

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c - Similar Threads - Vostro 5481 connect

2. Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...: I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop running latest Windows 11 from my company IT, which has 2 ports of USB type C and I use it to work both from home and office, where I also have several work stations I can connect my laptop to.Wherever I'm working from, I always connect my...
  3. Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...: I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop running latest Windows 11 from my company IT, which has 2 ports of USB type C and I use it to work both from home and office, where I also have several work stations I can connect my laptop to.Wherever I'm working from, I always connect my...
  4. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  5. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  6. Type C USB to connect external monitor shows limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type C USB to connect external monitor shows limited connectivity: I am unable to connect my DELL monitor with my laptop using HP Docking station as it is giving limited or no connectivity message. The docking station is connected to the laptop through TYPE C USB.Can anyone suggest any solution for it?...
  7. Type C USB to connect external monitor shows limited connectivity

Type C USB to connect external monitor shows limited connectivity: I am unable to connect my DELL monitor with my laptop using HP Docking station as it is giving limited or no connectivity message. The docking station is connected to the laptop through TYPE C USB.Can anyone suggest any solution for it?...
  8. Type C USB to connect external monitor shows limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c: I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890. Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display portsame as 5471. - Windows 10, latest updates. - Updated all firmware bios, chipset, etc - Disabled power options in usb settings - Reinstalled usb drivers 100 times -...
  10. External Graphics Card Via USB-C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Graphics Card Via USB-C?: Hi, I’m wondering if it’s possbile to connect an external graphics card (eGPU) to my laptop via USB-C. I know that the golden standard for eGPU connections is Thunderbolt 3, but my laptop does not support Thunderbolt 3 connection. However, since Thunderbolt 3 is connected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vostro 5481 usb type c dont work