Windows 10: VOTE for a new MSOS

Discus and support VOTE for a new MSOS in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all, Whomever has been in Windows since the early days knows that new versions are just bloated updates. Microsoft should develop a new... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jayelliii, Oct 30, 2018.

1. jayelliii Win User

VOTE for a new MSOS

Hello all,

Whomever has been in Windows since the early days knows that new versions are just bloated updates.

Microsoft should develop a new Operating System from the ground up with no backward compatibility and start a whole new "life".

Updates and support for the current Windows (10) should continue for at least another 10 years. By then the last old computers should have been discarded and replaced. I just happen to put aside a fully working computer built by me around 2007. The only things I had upgraded were the memory and hard disk drive (yeah: replaced the power supply once).

This is about time progress comes to computer operating system. Bear in mind that if compatibility was not an issue, Windows 98 would be a rocket in today's hardware. I remember building a Windows 98 based computer for a client, in around 2000, using a 486DX2-66 processor, 64mb of ram, a 480 mb Seagate scsi hard disk drive. That computer was up and running (os installation) in 8 minutes. Those days are long gone.

The only thing Windows has is software and hardware development by the industry. Should the same support be given to other operating systems, Windows would be gone by now. So, please take charge before too long.

It is not how quickly you put updates up or how many products you put out. It is the quality of your products that count. The vast majority of us do not use Windows because we like. We use windows because the investment we have on it (learning, software, hardware).

:)

jayelliii, Oct 30, 2018
  2. jayelliii Win User

VOTE for a new MSOS

Hello all,

Whomever has been in Windows since the early days knows that new versions are just bloated updates.

Microsoft should develop a new Operating System from the ground up with no backward compatibility and start a whole new "life".

Updates and support for the current Windows (10) should continue for at least another 10 years. By then the last old computers should have been discarded and replaced. I just happen to put aside a fully working computer built by me around 2007. The only things
    I had upgraded were the memory and hard disk drive (yeah: replaced the power supply once).

This is about time progress comes to computer operating system. Bear in mind that if compatibility was not an issue, Windows 98 would be a rocket in today's hardware. I remember building a Windows 98 based computer for a client, in around 2000, using a 486DX2-66
    processor, 64mb of ram, a 480 mb Seagate scsi hard disk drive. That computer was up and running (os installation) in 8 minutes. Those days are long gone.

The only thing Windows has is software and hardware development by the industry. Should the same support be given to other operating systems, Windows would be gone by now. So, please take charge before too long.

It is not how quickly you put updates up or how many products you put out. It is the quality of your products that count. The vast majority of us do not use Windows because we like. We use windows because the investment we have on it (learning, software,
    hardware).

jayelliii, Oct 30, 2018
  3. EVE-Online, Vote Cinori Aluben CSM5 2010!

Just a bump to let everyone know that voting has opened. Each active account has (1) vote, so vote with all of your alts too!

To vote for me: http://www.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=328 <--Just click here, login, and confirm. Takes like 30seconds.

Thanks again guys for your support, lets hope a TPU'r gets on there!

Oh, and check out the website again, it's gotten a major facelift, and has a LOT more content now, including it's own forums with a list of suggestions I'm already pushing. Feel free to register and put your suggestion up there!

www.littlethingsfirst.com

surfsk8snow.jah, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Taz100420 Win User

VOTE for a new MSOS

EVE-Online, Vote Cinori Aluben CSM5 2010!

Vote submitted! Good luck! *Toast :toast:

Taz100420, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

VOTE for a new MSOS

1. VOTE for a new MSOS - Similar Threads - VOTE MSOS

2. Survey - Vote for your favorite Windows 10 Insider Build 19H1 features

in Windows 10 News
    Survey - Vote for your favorite Windows 10 Insider Build 19H1 features: For all you Windows Insiders looking for a more stable preview version of 19H1—we recently released a Windows 10 Insider Preview in the Slow Ring. This build has all the same 19H1 features as the Fast Ring, including the new light theme, a more powerful Windows Search, new...
  3. How do I vote on a locked thread?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I vote on a locked thread?: Many threads say "This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread." How do I vote on such a locked thread? Note: posting this under Virus and Malware, which it has nothing to do with (unless you think Skype is...
  4. Xbox Ideas Update: Start Voting for your Favorite Ideas

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Ideas Update: Start Voting for your Favorite Ideas: [ATTACH] Hello again, Xbox Insiders! I’m back to talk about the next phase of Xbox Ideas. You might recall last month when I introduced the concept of Idea Drives as part of the new Xbox Ideas. If you’re not familiar, head to last month’s post to read more about Xbox Ideas....
  5. Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why won't windows 10 always allow voting on the lock-screen wallpaper?: I like some of the wallpapers, and was hoping that it will provide similar wallpapers when i vote that i like it.. However, sometimes it switches to an older wallpaper, and does not allow me to vote on it. It is also a wallpaper that it cycles to. Some of the wallpapers do...
  6. Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...

in Windows 10 News
    Congress voted to overturn Internet privacy rules...: I'm watching the Senate channel [C-Span2] and they're holding a vote to repeal the privacy rules passed in 2016: Congress is set to vote Thursday to nullify the new broadband privacy rules passed by the Federal Communications Commission last year. The rules, which...