Windows 10: Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled.

Discus and support Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Voyo Mini PC V2. It has 2 USB ports for keyboard/mouse. After a Windows 10 update, the 2 USB ports were disabled, and I get a BSOD error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brydonbaker, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled.

I have a Voyo Mini PC V2. It has 2 USB ports for keyboard/mouse. After a Windows 10 update, the 2 USB ports were disabled, and I get a BSOD error 0xc000000f, which demands I hit the Windows Key to access the UEFI screen. Which, of course, is impossible, since the keyboard and mouse aren't recognized. There is no pin hole reset, holding down the power button only reboots to the same error screen. This is a sealed unit, with a rechargeable battery inside. I've let it sit for over a year to let the power drain, hoping it would boot to a BIOS screen, but no luck, it won't boot until it's recharged for about 10 minutes, and then I get the BSOD again.

So is there any way to get the BIOS reset, or get access to it without a keyboard/mouse? I've tried booting it with both unplugged, but, since the USB ports aren't recognized, it makes no difference.

So currently, it makes a lovely paperweight.

:)

brydonbaker, Oct 12, 2017
  2. BeauBaker Win User

USB ports disabled, cannot access BIOS

Voyo mini pic V2

It has 2 USB ports, both are disabled after a windows 10 update. It boots to Windows password screen, waits, then shuts down. Keyboard and mouse are unable to communicate. The mini pc cannot be opened. There is no pin hole reset. The mini pc has an internal
    battery and can run without AC power. I cannot think of a way to get to the BIOS setup. Any ideas?

BeauBaker, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Oct 12, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled.

Unfortunately there is no way to reset the BIOS, draining the battery will not reset the BIOS.

The only option I see is opening the unit to pull the cmos battery.

5. Ztruker Win User
    I don't see how a Windows update disable the USB ports in BIOS/EFI. I can see it disabling them in the Windows OS.
    Have you tried a different mouse or keyboard?

Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled. [​IMG]

I see it has a standard USB port and a Micro USB port. Normally yopu would use a Y cable to connect the mouse and keyboard to the Micro USB port. How are you connecting? Have you tried connecting to the standard USB port (mouse or keyboard)? Have you tried a different Y cable?

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Not in the BIOS, but an update can make the USB ports unusable

7. Ztruker Win User
    Agreed, but only to the OS, not to BIOS. He should still be able to boot to BIOS/EFI setup.

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

@brydonbaker, have you tweaked any settings in the BIOS before the issue?

9. axe0 New Member
    I agree with Ztruker, even if Windows doesn't recognize any USB input, you should still be able to use any USB device before Windows starts loading. That is, if the USB ports aren't faulty or the USB connection from the device isn't faulty.

10. Windows should, but it doesn't, it only "boots" to the page illustrated. I've tried hubs, different keyboards, but the USB ports do not respond to any input. This particular mini PC is a perfect storm, because it can't be opened, has its own internal batter power, there's no reset pinhole, and the wifi, ethernet, and bluetooth are not able to function either. I've seen other owners of this mini pc develop the same problem. There's simply no way to interrupt the booting process and go directly to the BIOS setup. And the BSOD screen clearly needs a functioning keyboard and its input to continue.

brydonbaker, Oct 15, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Sounds like you have a electronic paper weight then Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled. :) Sad

Ztruker, Oct 15, 2017
  12. zbook New Member

zbook, Oct 15, 2017
  13. Thanks I've tried, but if the USB port doesn't accept input it won't and doesn't recognize a flash drive or keybaord or mouse.

brydonbaker, Oct 15, 2017
  14. UniqueGR Win User
    There is a way to restore factory settings on bios but it requires to open the voyo and that means that it's more than possible to brake the glass on the top. If that's ok, when you open voyo and remove the heating cover you will see next to the memory chips the bios chip. You should short the pin number two of bios chip to ground and while keeping them shorted, turn voyo on by keeping the power button pressed for about ten seconds. You will see the screen go black, that's the indication that the recovery is made. I've done it and works 100%, it may not work at first but don't give up.
    As for the glass top, there might be a way not to brake it. There are two brackets on the side where "minipc" is printed, left and right. I've broken mine but I think it's possible not to brake it if you carefuly stick a thin flat screwdriver and push the metal case out and pushing the screwdriver in, until you get under each bracket and then the inner case pops out. As general, assume that it will brake and if you are lucky and careful, it might not. Of course, you have to remove the two screws on the connectors' side.

P.S. Ground spots are orange colored on board. I found it easy to grab the one end of my jumper cable underneath the closest screw which is a ground spot and then I had one hand free to work with the power switch, since the other hand was occupied keeping the second end of my jumper cable shorting the pin2 of bios chip.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

UniqueGR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Voyo Mini PC V2 USB keyboard/mouse disabled. - Similar Threads - Voyo Mini USB

2. usb mouse + keyboard issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb mouse + keyboard issue: Hello, Why is W10 only able to regocnize my mouse and keyboard after unplugging and replugging the USB cable? My Intel PC BIOS and multibootselector do work. All other Windows and Linux versions do work. Booting apps from DVD and USB do work. Only W10 does not. Only...
  3. Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY: I have EXTREME problems with windows 10. First: Windows randomly disables my keyboard & mouse. It happens when I use them, AND when I don't use them. I've bought a NEW keyboard & mouse, to see if that helped. It didn't. I've tried reinstalling windows, no effect....
  4. Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanent Keyboard and Mouse Disables: This issue has started happening around ~6 months ago. I have found no other mention of what I'm describing. I will describe it as best as I can: Whilst randomly using my computer, if I'm just browsing the web, playing games, and not doing much, after my PC's been running...
  5. disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable/enable keyboard and keyboard mouse feature?: Hello, I have a Inspiron 7370 with a touch screen and a hinge that allows the computer to open flat. I was wondering if there was a safe way to disable and re-enable the keyboard and keyboard mouse so I can use the screen as a tablet and place a notepad on the keyboard area...
  6. CAC, Keyboard, Mouse USB

CAC, Keyboard, Mouse USB: We are putting CAC and HID (keyboard and mouse) on same USB connection into Microsoft PC. Microsoft driver cannot separate CAC from HID? It can separate if just keyboard and mouse in single USB connection. Need also CAC to be processed. Anyone know of patch or driver that...
  7. bluetooth usb v2 driver

bluetooth usb v2 driver: I have already plug in my laptop bluetooth usb v2 dongle but my bluetooth headset not pairing between two. show a message "make sure your bluetooth device is still dicoverable. what I do. I will greatful is solve me.thanks...
  8. USB Mouse and keyboard not working

USB Mouse and keyboard not working: What happened was that I was updating drivers and on one of the larger ones I was prompted to restart now or restart later, as I had other drivers yet to install I chose to restart later. At that point my USB mouse and keyboard stopped working. Through research online i...
  9. USB mouse&keyboard not working

USB mouse&keyboard not working: Hi; I've a Medion Akoya MD8360 PC with previous windows 10 Home Build 10240 installed and with a working USB medion mouse and keyboard.Reccently I upgraded manually(with media creation tool fromMS) to Windows 10 Home V1511 Build 10586.71 and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't...
  10. USB keyboard and mouse freeze!

USB keyboard and mouse freeze!: Hello I have been using Windows 10 64bit os running PC for quite some time now but in the past two months I've been getting a problem of my USB keyboard and mouse frozen(the keyboard capslock and others don't change on pressing) and mouse gets stuck within half an hour of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. voyo v2 Linux