Windows 10: VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

Discus and support VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evildog1, Nov 12, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was input these commands in cmd
    Code: netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns[/quote] Then open PC Settings -> Network -> Status and reset network
    Now VPN does not work anymore. Always saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network."

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established [​IMG]

Here is the security settings configuration. NordVPN support told me that i must configure settings like that to work correctly.

I tried PPTP VPN with default settings but it does not work too. Same error.

The internet says that WAM Miniport drivers could be corrupted. I uninstalled all WAM Miniport drivers and restart my computer. These drivers were installed but it doesn't solve the problem. Same error 720

Here are the log from Event Viewer Code: CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The user SYSTEM has successfully established a link to the Remote Access Server using the following device: Server address/Phone Number = (IP hidden)Device = WAN Miniport (L2TP)Port = VPN3-1MediaType = VPN. CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The link to the Remote Access Server has been established by user SYSTEM. CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named DE 126 which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 720. CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named DE 126 which has terminated. The reason code returned on termination is 631.[/quote]

:)

evildog1, Nov 12, 2016
  2. AgentRAL Win User

VPN Error

Hi

i was using VPN PPTP connection by configuring in windows setting but now when i m connecting to Vpn is showing

A Connection to the remote computer could not be established so the port used this connection was closed

please help me .................................... THank U.....

AgentRAL, Nov 12, 2016
  3. VPN Connectivity Issue

Hi Team,

I have configured VPN in Windows 10 Laptop, on configuring VPN for my office I am getting below error

"Network connection between your computer and VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding. This could be because one of the network devices( firewall, NAT, routers, etc.) between your computer and the remote server is
    not configured to allow VPN connections."

On trying to connect through MAC, it is getting connected successfully, whereas I have followed the same process for VPN configuration in both the Laptops.

I am able to ping the server address from my machine.

I even disabled my windows and anti-virus firewall and checked but in vain.

Request team, to help me out at an urgent basis.

VPN Type- L2TP/IPsec with pre shared key.

Thanking in advance.

sheikhabdulla1, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

1. VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established - Similar Threads - VPN connection remote

2. vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be stablished, so the port used for this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be stablished, so the port used for this...: Greetings, i ve been trying to connect to my univercity vpn connection and i cant. I deactivated my firewall, reinstalled the WAN Miniports but still nothing. Internet connection works fine, i even tryed with Ethernet Cable, and the authorization means are correct. Any...
  3. vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be stablished, so the port used for this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be stablished, so the port used for this...: Greetings, i ve been trying to connect to my univercity vpn connection and i cant. I deactivated my firewall, reinstalled the WAN Miniports but still nothing. Internet connection works fine, i even tryed with Ethernet Cable, and the authorization means are correct. Any...
  4. vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be stablished, so the port used for this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  6. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  7. A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004. It was freshly installed on this PC about a week ago. Since then, every time I check for updates, I receive a message that my Windows is up to date. I would not be worried otherwise, but today while looking through the Event viewer I...
  8. Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet

Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet: Hey, Short summary of what i am trying to do: To get access to my data on the univerity network i have to connect to the intranet via VPN. I have a servername, my username and password. At first i tried to connect with the recommended (by the uni) client "Aruba Virtual...
  9. Can't establish VPN connection to my office

Can't establish VPN connection to my office: I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1). VPN was working perfect before the upgrade. At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office. The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port...
  10. Connection could be established without network access!!

Connection could be established without network access!!: Hi guys , I used to make a personal VPN account of my current windows VPS with softether VPN server manager.recently it couldnot be registered on the network anymore while I reinstalled a new fresh windows server 2008R2 with new softether VPN.I even used the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a connection to the remote computer could not be established

2. a connection to the remote computer could not

3. a connection to the remote computer could not be established so the port used for this connection was closed

4. vpn for a laptop,
  5. vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be established,
  6. vpn a connection to the remote computer could not be established.,
  7. remote computer could not be established so the port used for this connection was closed,
  8. a connection to the remote computer could be established,
  9. connection to the remote computer could not be established,
  10. a connection to remote computer,
  11. connection to remote computer could not be established,
  12. connect to vpn then the connection was closed by the remote computer,
  13. connection to the remote computer cannot be established,
  14. connecting a remote computer could not be established,
  15. a connection to the remote computer could not be established so port connection closed for vpn