Windows 10: VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back

Discus and support VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using u VPN to an, ancient, SBS2003. All worked well but as of today I can normally connect but can't access a share. After minutes I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 128383nbrfiu, Jun 26, 2020.

1. VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back

Hi,

I'm using u VPN to an, ancient, SBS2003. All worked well but as of today I can normally connect but can't access a share. After minutes I get an 'semafoor timeout' language Dutch. I'm the only one with the problem, others can connect normally. Other protocols http, exchange, VNC are working over the VPN. I also can access a share on my local network to a Synology NAS.

Yesterday I installed a few updates: Among others KB4559309 en KB4552925. And perhaps some device drivers but can't find out which: not showing in the history. Because the problem only started today I think/hope that probably one of the updates is the problem and want to uninstall them but without luck. I tried:

- to go back tot a restore point a few days ago but both updates still remain in the history and problem exists.
    - Under 'delete update' translation from Dutch I only found 3 updates: 2 from 2017 and 1 from 17 June also the day I updates to 2004

- Tried also safe boot and remove the latest quality updates but the updates are still in the history.

A search for 'semafoor timeout' lead me to outdated network drivers. I tried the WiFi en ethernet on my laptop as well as an ethernet port on a Kenginston-dock. Same problem with all three.

I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.019041 Build 19041

Hope someone has a sollution!

//edit: Since I got no response for rolling back the update I changed the topic to Network. I have VirtualBox on my systeem. Tried to connect the VPN from the guest Windows 7 pro. At first without luck. But then changed the Network mode to Bridge over the WiFi adapter and it works! So network driver couldn't be the problem I assume?

Martin.

:)

128383nbrfiu, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 26, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back :D

P4-630, Jun 26, 2020
  4. VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back

1. VPN causes 'semafoor timeout'. Probably due KB4552925? can't roll back - Similar Threads - VPN causes 'semafoor

2. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  3. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  5. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  6. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can a computer reset cause updates to roll back?: Can resetting my computer, roll back all the updates that have been done on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-computer-reset-cause-updates-to-roll-back/accb8eaa-1a46-442d-a0aa-3b92b0186c34
  8. Uninstall KB4552925 probably causes 'semafoor timeout'?

Uninstall KB4552925 probably causes 'semafoor timeout'?: Hi, I'm using u VPN to an, ancient, SBS2003. All worked well but as of today I can normally connect but can't access a share. After minutes I get an 'semafoor timeout' language Dutch. I'm the only one with the problem, others can connect normally. Other protocols http,...
  9. KB4552925

KB4552925: Hi, After updating KB4552925, my laptop display goes blank. With Win+Ctrl+Shift+B it shows up the display for a moment and then goes blank again. When I uninstalled it via system restore it works fine but then window auto update again installs it back and the same problem....
  10. cannot install and complete KB4552925 and KB4556803

cannot install and complete KB4552925 and KB4556803: how to solve the problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-and-complete-kb4552925-and/63fb22dc-617b-4b88-b1e4-a6f3087dd489
Tags: