Windows 10: VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card.

Discus and support VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I found a bug, native (GUI) vpn client do not work with a smart card certificate. "A certificate could not be found that can be used with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacek Marek, Jan 21, 2019.

1. VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card.

Hi,
    I found a bug, native (GUI) vpn client do not work with a smart card certificate. "A certificate could not be found that can be used with this Extensible Authentication Protocol. (Error 798)".
    But if I make .pbk file and run this file I can connect to my VPN server with my smart card and certificate.
    Can you check and fix this wrong GUI VPN behavior?

GUI - settings > network & internet > VPN > VPN connection > Connect > (Error 798)
    GUI - Network icon in tray > VPN connection > connect > (Error 798)
    Two click on .pbk file > connect > Sign in, enter PIN > OK

And second bug not feature.
    Windows 10 have a feature to choice certificate to login, if are more than one certificate on smartcard, but VPN client must have set certificate "as default" to work. If certificate is not set "as default" error 798 appear even with ".pbk file". But if any certificate is set "as default", you can not use a choice certificate from smart card for login feature. Ups.
    Bug, feature, bad design?

This bug is in Windows 10 from first build.

I was thinking, Microsoft removed CSP smart card VPN client in Windows 10, but not exactly, I can still use .pbk file.

Best regards

JM

:)

Jacek Marek, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jan 21, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card. :D

P4-630, Jan 21, 2019
  4. curtisimo Win User

VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card.

Cisco VPN Client & No internet after Win 10 upgrade

I have the Cisco VPN client installed and I'm having the same issue. No network adapters listed. They do appear under Device manager but not in the control panel. I need the VPN client though so uninstalling it is not an option.

curtisimo, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card.

1. VPN client (GUI) not work with (CSP) smart card. - Similar Threads - VPN client GUI

2. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Checkpoint vpn client

Checkpoint vpn client: Hi, so I have an issue regarding checkpoint vpn client, the client was deployed to our pc's "preconfigured" after a reboot the pc's are stuck in a boot loop "infinity circle" tried a number of things on some pcs it works the others not. we followed the following -Open a...
  6. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  7. VPN CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CLIENT: Since i install WINDOWS 10 20H2 my VPN CLIENT avaya is working bad. It was working OK on WINDOWS 10 1909. I can open my connexion but after fee seconds i receive a message "VPN tunnel is disconnected de to physical link lost". Can you help please ?...
  8. Smart card removal policy not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart card removal policy not working: Hi. We have some PC running on Windows 10 Professionnal version 1909 on a work environment when the smartcard is removed, the session does not lock. We can logon on the session without any problems with the token. I looked on the services running on Windows and the smart...
  9. Virtual Smart Card VPN No longer working after upgrading to 20.04

Virtual Smart Card VPN No longer working after upgrading to 20.04: We are using a Virtual Smart Card to authenticate to a RAS VPN. When I try to authenticate with the virtual smartcard usually I get a prompt to type in my pin. After I upgraded to 2004 I no longer get prompted to type in my pin and I get an error; "An Internal Error has...
  10. Does IKEv2 VPN need a smart card in Windows 10?

Does IKEv2 VPN need a smart card in Windows 10?: I am trying to set up an IKEv2 VPN in Windows 10 (v1803). I have a certificate installed and login credentials supplied by the VPN provider. I enter the credentials into the add VPN dialog, save and try to use the VPN. I am prompted to "Insert a SMART CARD". When I call up...