Windows 10: VPN connected but doesn't work

Discus and support VPN connected but doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My VPN connection between shop (win7) and home (win10) worked fine for years, but then some months ago suddenly stalled. At first, it refused making a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MabelVanA, Oct 16, 2018.

1. MabelVanA Win User

VPN connected but doesn't work

My VPN connection between shop (win7) and home (win10) worked fine for years, but then some months ago suddenly stalled.
    At first, it refused making a connection. I tried most every trick in the book (re-installing the connection etc) to no avail. After reading up a bit, I blamed a win10 update and decided to wait a litle until maybe a patch would install itself. I kept trying every day or so and indeed: several weeks later a connection was again made without problems. All the familiar messages appear on screen, from 'Port opened' to 'authenticating' to 'registering computer on network'. In Explorer, the red crosses on mapped drives turn to green.
    BUT - it doesn't work! When clicking a drive mapped to my win10 computer at home, Explorer ends with an error message. And I cannot ping it; in fact I can't ping anything at home, not even the router. What can be the problem? I can't find advice for my particular case, so I'm asking here.

Some extra info from ipconfig on the client (win7):
    - The normal connection:
    address: 192.168.2.12
    mask: 255.255.255.0
    standard gateway: 192.168.2.254

- The VPN connection:
    address: 192.168.0.29
    mask: 255.255.255.255 (I gather this is normal?)
    Standard gateway: -

I also examined the properties of the VPN connection. I wish I'd paid more attention to them while things were still working for now I can't compare. Two things surprised me:
    - In the 'details' section, the dns address is that of my (home-) ISP.
    - The 'server' ip-address is the same as the client address (192.168.0.29)
    Suspecting some dns problem, I changed the setting for the dns from 'obtain from dhcp' to fixed addresses, first my router at home, then the router at the shop. Made no difference.

Not having this vpn connection is increasingly a problem for my shop, so I really hope someone can tell me where to look for a solution; I'd be most grateful.
    Mabel

:)

MabelVanA, Oct 16, 2018

2. VPN connection issue

I have created a vpn connection but when i try to connect it doesn`t work this option jups to the create a vpn connection window

the vpn connection icon is still grey

ManoloCuellar, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Oct 16, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN connected but doesn't work :D

P4-630, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. VPN connected but doesn't work - Similar Threads - VPN connected doesn't

2. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CONNECTION: I am trying to set up a VPN connection and I am getting this message saying the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed. How do I solve this?...
  3. Incoming VPN Connection - IPV6 not working

Incoming VPN Connection - IPV6 not working: My Laptop, running Windows 10 Pro, Build 19042.630, regularly receives incoming VPN connections via its IPv4 address without problems. Port 1723 is open as verified in CMD. Expectedly, “netstat -aon” returns the result “TCP 0.0.0.0:1723, Status: Listening”. I want the...
  4. VPN connection

VPN connection: Hi I have a weird issue using a VPN, for some reason it wont work on my main machine ( version 2004 build 19041.423 ) The things I have tested : At first I thought it was a network issue , so i trued the set up the vpn with the same credentials on my crapy laptop and...
  5. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  6. VPN Automatic When connected via ethernet the vpn gets connected but doesn't work, works...

VPN Automatic When connected via ethernet the vpn gets connected but doesn't work, works...: I want to connected to VPN Win VPN I have configured it with following settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I am on Wifi it's connects and works fine. Now the issue is my pc doesn't have built-in wifi so I have opted for the wifi dongle which is too slow and so I want to...
  7. IP route not working for VPN connection

IP route not working for VPN connection: I am on Windows 10 Home Version 1903 I have installed SonicWall VPN as a workaround and Cisco VPN client. My VPN client shows "connected" a few secs after I start the vpn session VPN Client creates the following IP Interface on my Windows Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:...
  8. VPN CONNECTION

VPN CONNECTION: Have setup a network connection in windows 10 to use with a VPN [FREEVPN.ME] but, when I try to connect, it states 'connecting' and does not say 'connected'. Is this a firewall problem? Anyone familiar with FREEVPN.ME?...
  9. VPN doesn't reconnect!

VPN doesn't reconnect!: Hi, I connect to internet by a VPN. But unfortunately win 10 doesn't have a reconnect option like win 7. Is there a way to set vpn to automatically reconnect! I have tried the task scheduler! but I don't know what triggers should I set to make it work! I've set some...
  10. connecting to vpn

connecting to vpn: is there any way to connect to a VPN without actually moving to whole another page? 13105