Windows 10: VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

Discus and support VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We use a lot of VPN PPTP Connections. On most we turn off "Use default gateway on remote network". See the image below that shows where this setting is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lexoconnor, Aug 1, 2015.

1. VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

We use a lot of VPN PPTP Connections. On most we turn off "Use default gateway on remote network". See the image below that shows where this setting is turned off.

We cannot open the properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 on VPN connections under Windows 10. This is located at Network Connections and Properties of a VPN Connection. Networking Tab, then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties. But under Win 10 the properties dialog does not open.

This has been tested on several Windows 10 systems and we have enabled Administrator and tested under that login as well.

VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4 [​IMG]

:)

lexoconnor, Aug 1, 2015

2. Windows 10 - cannot access VPN/"TCP/IPv4"/Properties

I cannot open IPv4 and IPv6 properties button on VPN connection - Window 10. Is their another way to change DNS setting?

Please help me out.

ClementVic, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - cannot access TCP/IPv4 Properties on a PPTP VPN Connection

Windows 10:

I found the IPv4 settings for VPNs in "Network and Sharing Center" on the left column go to "Change Adapter Settings" right click desired VPN connection got to properties then the networking tab.

Marksmanaz, Aug 1, 2015
  4. robba Win User

VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

I'm having the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Edit: Found a post that explains how to set the 'use default gateway' setting. SOLUTION | Windows 10 VPN Network Settings Bug

Still can't open the properties, but by using this Powershell command you can set the default gateway setting:

Code: Set-VpnConnection -Name "VPN-NETWORK-NAME-HERE" -SplitTunneling $True[/quote]

robba, Aug 1, 2015
  5. This has worked well for me - thanks

lexoconnor, Aug 2, 2015
  6. This hasn't worked for me.

an error came up saying that it doesn't recognise that script.

Any suggestions?

TwitchyBeaniee, Oct 12, 2015
  7. iMacX Win User
    Hello,

To use the power shell:

source:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...a-ba636cfe63f7

iMacX, Oct 14, 2015
  8. VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

Thank you for your responce.

I can access the Power Shell, however, that last bit of code doesn't work. it says

"set-vpnconnection : The configuration cannot be applied to the local user VPN connection -. : The system could not
    find the phone book entry for this connection.
    At line:1 char:1
    + set-vpnconnection - "Quest VPN" -splittunneling $True
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (-:root/Microsoft/...S_VpnConnection) [Set-VpnConnection], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : VPN 623,Set-VpnConnection"

after so from here I am unsure on what to do?

TwitchyBeaniee, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Dominion Win User
    Typo in your command line there. You need the word "Name" following the hyphen.
    Set-Vpnconnection -Name "Quest VPN" -SplitTunneling $true
    In your post /error message you're missing the "Name".

Dominion, Nov 18, 2015
  10. greg1973 Win User
    FYI, A new Build was released on 12-14-2015 that fixes this issue. Do all of your updates.

greg1973, Dec 14, 2015
  11. The same bug just came back! Yesterday, after I reboot my computer, Windows 10 installed some patches, after that, I cannot open the IPv4 properties again (It affects all VPN connections, but not local network connections). I double checked that my Windows 10 is the latest version.

Worse, the Powershell script is also buggy. I ran into the same error message as reported by other users:
    "set-vpnconnection : The configuration cannot be applied to the local user VPN connection -. : The system could not
    find the phone book entry for this connection.
    At line:1 char:1
    + set-vpnconnection - "Quest VPN" -splittunneling $True

After 2 days of struggling, I finally found out that the above script can only work with a VPN connection that does NOT "Allow other people to use this connection". I deleted my VPN connections that "Allow other people to use this connection", then re-created them with this option unchecked. Finally, the above script worked.

DavidDriveHQ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4

1. VPN Connection - Cannot open Networking Properties IPv4 - Similar Threads - VPN Connection Cannot

2. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  3. TCP/IPv4 Properties

TCP/IPv4 Properties: Hello . I have one question . I have currently a DNS server addresses configured inside the router settings configuration . the question is : is better also set in the "use the following DNS server addresses " the same DNS server addresses that are set in the...
  4. Network connection properties

Network connection properties: Hi, I'm unable to open properties of any network connection on my computer. I'm in "Network connections" aplet and when I click RMB choose properties nothing happens. All my drivers are up to date. Thank you in advance for your help....
  5. when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected....

when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected....: when i look at my network properties it says this: Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected. What does mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-look-at-my-network-properties-it-says-this/21637e4b-950b-41ea-8503-3e9390e3a996
  6. Cannot connect to VPN

Cannot connect to VPN: Hi, Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use or is not configured properly”. I have seen many, usually old, posts, but they all have to do with dial-up modems. I am...
  7. Cannot open and edit IPv4 Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot open and edit IPv4 Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 let users change the IP address of PCs network adapter so they can connect to the internet or the network they belong to, in case there is no automatic connection for that PC. Many a time access to [...] This post Cannot open and edit IPv4 Properties in...
  8. IPv4 Connectivity: No network connection-- any lasting solutions?

IPv4 Connectivity: No network connection-- any lasting solutions?: I have Windows 10 laptop hooked up to an ethernet connection which has been working well for the past 6 months. On 2/18/16 it stopped working. I traced the problem to the Qualcomm Atheros network Controller/ Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller: Internet status > IPv4...
  9. OPEN VPN Google public DNS servers (Ipv4)

OPEN VPN Google public DNS servers (Ipv4): Hi there Any better / faster public DNS servers than Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for using with Web browsing on OPENVPN. (IPV4) Using the Google DNS's is OK but I'm sure they are collecting info all the time !!!! -- mind you Google just has SO MUCH I'm sure they can't...
  10. ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access: Hello all, I just bought a new computer and it connected to the internet fine. Today, right after an update from Asus Live Update, my internet stopped working. It says the wifi is connected but when I open a browser and search it says no internet. I went into control panel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ipv4 properties not opening windows 10