Windows 10: VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

Discus and support VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A google search revealed a setting "when my pc is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network..." However, I dont have this setting under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Max Bonzulak, Apr 6, 2021.

1. VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

A google search revealed a setting "when my pc is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network..."

However, I dont have this setting under Power & Sleep. Was this setting removed in a recent OS update? If so, how can I fix this?

VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep e126ff67-e36b-485b-8c16-4db43a619f8d?upload=true.png

:)

Max Bonzulak, Apr 6, 2021
  2. PJS
    PJs Win User

VPN not disconnected in Sleep Mode

I have weird issue of a user whose VPN does not disconnected when the PC goes into sleep mode.
    Things I have done:

• I have checked the power settings to make sure the power button is set to sleep when pressed.
    • I have changed the USB adapter to which all the monitors, network cable and surface are connected.
    • I have checked the network adapter settings in Device Manager.

Nothing seems to work. The user shows connected in Task Manager even after sleep mode is activated.

What am I missing? The user is using a Surface Windows 10 which is connected to 3 other monitors.

3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 6, 2021
  4. VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

Windows 10 crashes during sleep if SonicWall Global VPN is connected

I used to run on Windows 8.1 Pro, and had various trouble with SonicWall Global.

Once I installed Windows 10, the VPN stopped working, and I eventually got it working again by installing the network adapter manually per this thread (add legacy hardware)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...17f2a14?page=3

However, after that, I got the ndis.sys blue screen when I let my computer go to sleep WHILE the VPN is running. This was never an issue before. I don't get a blue screen if the computer sleeps with the VPN off or disconnected.

Before it is suggested, I can't work with out SonicWall unfortunately. It is what my office uses for whatever reason.

Thanks!

dump:
    Attachment 38158

davidwhitehill, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

1. VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep - Similar Threads - VPN connection disconnects

2. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  3. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  4. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  5. Computer goes to sleep when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes to sleep when printing: Hi ExpertsI have a Windows10 computer, and it connected to a printer by USB or WIFI.When I am printing a big file, like 100 color pages or above, the printing job was spooling in the queue and then sent to the printer.The issue is, the inkjet printer will take a long time to...
  6. Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.: Hi!My Bluetooth is disconnecting every time my computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it back it to restarts the actual computer and when booting up the Bluetooth disconnects again. Does anyone know why this is happening? Cheers, Arthur...
  7. Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.: I've already read a lot of responses but my problem is I dont have a power manager tab to control the driver. I attached a picture of what I see. If someone could tell me which icon to click on or if I am just doing something wrong that would be great! I am using a Surface...
  8. Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep: I've tested and confirmed it and my monitor is the culprit. When it goes to sleep it continuously plays the connect/disconnect sound. This is a new monitor which I got yesterday. It's an MSI MAG272CQR. I've seen a lot of posts about this but no definite solution. Can anyone...
  9. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep: I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and running the power troubleshooter, are attempts to fix a Windows issue. Others are workarounds, like not...
  10. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects: Thank you for taking a look at my thread.. This has never been an issue that I am aware of.... but... when I connect my VPN my wifi seems to disconnect. When I disconnect VPN the Wifi resumes. My settings haven't changed and its always been fine. Now I see that if I enter...