Windows 10: VPN does it actually work ?

Discus and support VPN does it actually work ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bengie, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Bengie Win User

VPN does it actually work ?

I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results.

After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases.

With all that nice and clean I then opened the VPN and just clicked on a random country, it was Russia. I then visited websites and did searches on popular sites like the BBC and surfed here and there.

After about half an hour I closed the VPN, did a reboot and then paid a visit to Bing and lo and behold, everything
    I had looked for was registered in there, all the searches and sites visited.

So, what actually does VPN do, if Microsoft knows what I am doing and records everything I do from any VPN country in the world, what use is it.

All the searches are linked to my computer so the IP change seems of no consequence.

I might be totally wrong about this, I am almost 80 years old and tend to forget more than I remember nowadays
    but I would like some comments on if I am way off or if VPN is actually a con please.

:)

Bengie, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 9, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN does it actually work ? :D

P4-630, Jun 9, 2019
  4. VPN does it actually work ?

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

VPN does it actually work ?

1. VPN does it actually work ? - Similar Threads - VPN does actually

2. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  3. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  4. does anyone actually work in customer service?

in Windows 10 Customization
    does anyone actually work in customer service?: over 2 hours waiting on an agent to talk to and all i got was teh blue dots going across the screen. no est wait time, no position in queue just .... .... .... this is not acceptable. so i tried again this time with billing as i figured its money based so they will jump...
  5. How does automatic backup actually work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does automatic backup actually work?: So I just recently backed up to an external storage while having the "automatic backup" option turned on. Does this mean whenever I connect my external drive again it will automatically back up? Should I disable that option just in case? submitted by /u/qwert1225 [link]...
  6. Does powercfg -requestsoverride actually work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does powercfg -requestsoverride actually work?: I've been looking at this on and off for months and have finally reached "make my own post" stage... hoping that someone has a solution as all the threads from Googling peter out into nothing, or are resolved by unplugging a gamepad, or people's "solution" is just to shut...
  7. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?: Hello and good day, I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop only a couple years old. In all the computers I have ever owned way back into the 1990s, Windows System Restore has never...
  8. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  9. How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?

How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?: How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything? I have a vpn which came free with a subscription andI'm trying it out, but I don't notice any difference. the vpn is Vyprvpn. 132826
  10. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Let me make it very clear from the beginning. My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues. Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine. Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows home 10 lt2p vpn does not work