Windows 10: VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10

Discus and support VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an important tool as it protects you against any kind of security threats and increases your online privacy. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10

Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an important tool as it protects you against any kind of security threats and increases your online privacy. However, some users have complained that VPN does not work after connecting to 3G or 4G. If you encounter the same, kindly read through this article to resolve the issue.

VPN does not work over 3G or 4G

If your VPN is not working over 3G or 4G due to several reasons like the ports could be blocked for the VPN by the telecom company or low speed etc.

1. Disable IPv6
    2. Ask 3G/4G provider to open the ports
    3. Change VPN Service Solution
    4. Change telecom operator
    5. Update modem software

Try the following solutions to resolve the issue:

1] Disable IPv6

VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10 disable-ipv6.png

Some VPN connections do not work alongside the IPv6, so you can consider disabling IPv6 in your Windows 10 to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below to disable IPv6.

• Click on Windows Search bar and search for Control Panel.
    • When Control Panel opens, navigate to Network and Internet.
    • Then, click on Network and Sharing Center, and after that click on Change Adapter Settings.
    • At the Network Connections window, double click on the option Wi-Fi network adapter.
    • After that, click on Properties.
    • From the list, uncheck the box beside IPv6 and finally click OK.
    2] Ask 3G/4G provider to open the ports

Some VPN connections do not work over 3G or 4G because the ports could be blocked for the VPN by the telecom company, so it is advisable to contact the telecom provider directly and ask them to open the ports. This might help in resolving the issue.

3] Change VPN Service Solution

Changing VPN Service Solution is a better option than sticking to the one that may does not work over 3G/4G at all. Finding a better VPN Service Solution will fix the issue for you.

4] Change telecom operator

VPN not working over 3G or 4G problem occurs due to reasons such as low speed or the telecom company blocked the ports for VPN, in that case changing telecom operator, could be the resolution.

5] Update modem software

If modem software is outdated, then it will not be able to recognize the VPN. Update modem software and check if the VPN works fine or not. Most probably it will fix the issue.

We hope the above-mentioned solutions will help in fixing the issue. If you know any other solution which could be helpful in resolving VPN does not work over 3G or 4G, please let us know in the comments sections.

VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10 disable-ipv6.png
    This article VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 27, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10 :D

P4-630, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Shyamili Win User

3G to 4G???

Hello,

I recently bought a lumia 640xl. At the time only 3G connections were available in India and only the 3G variant of the phone was available in the market. Now that 4G networks have been launched will we get a 4G update in our existing lumia set or should
    we buy a new 4G set?

Shyamili, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

1. VPN does not work over 3G or 4G in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - VPN does

2. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  3. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  4. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  5. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  6. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  7. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  8. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Does anyone have a fix for what appears to be a conflict between .appinstaller and my VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have a fix for what appears to be a conflict between .appinstaller and my VPN?: I am running Windows 11 home edition. When and only when I click a hotlink, I get this message that something went wrong, then displays the url that I was trying to get to and then "Application is blocked due to the .appinstaller update settings for this app." If I disconnect...
  10. Does anyone have a fix for what appears to be a conflict between .appinstaller and my VPN?

Does anyone have a fix for what appears to be a conflict between .appinstaller and my VPN?: I am running Windows 11 home edition. When and only when I click a hotlink, I get this message that something went wrong, then displays the url that I was trying to get to and then "Application is blocked due to the .appinstaller update settings for this app." If I disconnect...