Windows 10: VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection

Discus and support VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When using VPN software on Windows 10/8/7, it is very likely that you may encounter an error – Error 720, Error connecting to a VPN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 7, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection

WinClub, Dec 7, 2019
  2. rdrr Win User

VPN connection errors

I'm having VPN connection errors to the PPTP VPN at work with a fresh install of Win10 Pro from MSDN.

I've tried auto authentication and specifying PPTP - authentication details are correct

Any idea how to resolve this? Google didn't come up with much - or perhaps my Google-fu is off today.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Tried from two different internet connections & it's working fine on my Win 7 laptop.

rdrr, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Connection failed with error 720

Hi Mallikarjun,

The error 720 usually appears when you try to connect to Virtual Private Network (VPN). For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Can you provide the exact error message?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

1. VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection - Similar Threads - VPN Error 720

2. Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Amongst various VPN connection problems and issues you may encounter on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC could be the general error message Can’t connect to VPN connection with the full error message as follows: VPN Connection, Can’t connect to VPN connection, A...
  3. VPN connection error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN connection error: Hi guys, all of a sudden last week any of my MS VPN connection will not connect at all. I checked with the other admin and he can connect and our users are connecting ok. its affected my Desktop and notebook.I have tried resetting the network adapters, removing VPN and...
  4. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  5. Connecting to a VPN error 0x80004005

Connecting to a VPN error 0x80004005: Connecting to a VPN with success I cannot access the distant company serveur entering the IP address in the explorer bar. after a few seconds appears the following message: Windows cannot connect to the following access\\192.168.x.xxx with in the details error code...
  6. VPN connection error

VPN connection error: I work from home using a VPN connection. I have been using this connection for 5 years and it worked yesterday but as of this morning I am unable to connect with the VPN server. IT at work has checked and no changes on their end and no issues. They do not show me trying to...
  7. VPN Connection Error message

VPN Connection Error message: I am setting up a VPN on my desktop and I followed all the instructions for entering in the information. But when I go to connect, I get the error message seen below. The first part of the message I get (and that part [and user name and password is correct]), however I don't...
  8. VPN CONNECTION

VPN CONNECTION: Have setup a network connection in windows 10 to use with a VPN [FREEVPN.ME] but, when I try to connect, it states 'connecting' and does not say 'connected'. Is this a firewall problem? Anyone familiar with FREEVPN.ME?...
  9. VPN connection errors

VPN connection errors: I'm having VPN connection errors to the PPTP VPN at work with a fresh install of Win10 Pro from MSDN. I've tried auto authentication and specifying PPTP - authentication details are correct Any idea how to resolve this? Google didn't come up with much - or perhaps my...
  10. Element Not Found error connecting to VPN

Element Not Found error connecting to VPN: I'm running a fully patched Windows 10 (x64). About a week ago my VPN connections stopped working. Im using the builtin feature trying to connect to a L2TP vpn server. Whenever i click connect i get the error: "Element not found". I've tried deleting the connection and...