Windows 10: VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server

Discus and support VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are several VPN errors, but unlike many errors, VPN Error 812 is not very common that users may come across. However, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 6, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server

WinClub, Dec 6, 2019

2. L2TP VPN on Lumia 950 giving error code 812

Hello,

I recently purchased a Lumia 950 (AT&T running Windows 10 Mobile build 10.0.10586.0.

When I configure my work IPSec L2TP VPN connection on my phone and then attempt to connect, it attempts to connect, then fails displaying the error:

The VPN connection failed with error code 812.

This seems to happen after the credentials are accepted.

During the connection attempt on the phone, the status display progresses as follows:

• Connecting to <address of my VPN server>
    • Verifying your credentials
    • Connecting to <address of my VPN server>
    • The VPN connection failed with error code 812.
    When I look at the logs of my VPN server, a connection is actually established successfully by the client, then immediately terminated.

I'm not positive who is terminating the connection on who (client or server).

VPN Settings configured on the Lumia 950 are as follows:

Connection name: My Work

Server name or address: <address of my VPN server>

VPN Type: L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key

Pre-shared key: <pre-shared key that is configured on my VPN server & working on other devices>

Type of sign-in info: User name and password

I have typed the username & password in again multiple times to confirm it is correct. It is.

Furthermore, I have a Lumia 925 running Windows Phone 8.1. It connects perfectly using these same settings.

It seems something changed in Windows 10 Mobile that caused this VPN connection to stop working.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to get this resolved?

I really need the VPN to be working.

Thanks!

-

Doug Mortensen

Impala Networks

Douglas Mortensen, Dec 6, 2019
  3. SDNik Win User
    After Upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 VPN cannot connect to the server

Hi all

Can you please help me whit a VPN connection issue. I have clients who have a Windows 8.1 Pro and use a VPN Software "Microsoft IT VPN Version 6.2" and they use that software whit no problems .But they want from me to upgrade them to Windows 10 and when
    i upgrade one of laptops everything work fine, but when they try to connect again to the VPN server they got a message " The connection was prevented because of a policy configured on yours RAS/VPN server. Specifically, the authentication method
    used by the server to verify your username and password may not match the authentication method configured in your connection profile". Maybe i guess it is certificate error or maybe i need a new version of that "Microsoft IT VPN" pack. Can`t find a topic
    whit that problem if you know please shoot link VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server :) .

Best Regards

Nik

SDNik, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. VPN error 812, Connection prevented because of a policy configured on RAS/VPN server - Similar Threads - VPN error 812

2. VPN RAS L2TP error code 619 & 809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN RAS L2TP error code 619 & 809: Hello,I have recently had a couple of users report being unable to connect to our onsite VPN, they are reporting error codes 619 and 809 for the RASClient, this did happen on my own machine and I ended up reinstalling windows after trying many different solutions as none seem...
  3. VPN RAS L2TP error code 619 & 809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN RAS L2TP error code 619 & 809: Hello,I have recently had a couple of users report being unable to connect to our onsite VPN, they are reporting error codes 619 and 809 for the RASClient, this did happen on my own machine and I ended up reinstalling windows after trying many different solutions as none seem...
  4. VPN RAS L2TP error code 619 & 809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...: Connecting Windows 10 VPN to Draytek routers on numerous sites all returns the same error. Sometimes a reboot works, sometimes it doesn't. Have followed all steps in the similar message The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing...
  6. VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...: Connecting Windows 10 VPN to Draytek routers on numerous sites all returns the same error. Sometimes a reboot works, sometimes it doesn't. Have followed all steps in the similar message The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing...
  7. VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...

8. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  9. VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection

in Windows 10 News
    VPN Error 720 – Error connecting to a VPN Connection: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When using VPN software on Windows 10/8/7, it is very likely that you may encounter an error – Error 720, Error connecting to a VPN Connection, A Connection to the remote computer could not be established. This guide will tell [...] This post VPN Error 720 –...
  10. VPN server

VPN server: when my VPN is on everybody thinks my internet is not on I can only use it in the USA any idea why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server/7f223712-d26e-4787-94e9-473fb08d8c60

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 vpn l2tp prevented because a policy configured

2. the connection was prevented because of a policy configured on your ras/vpn server