Windows 10: VPN - Group Membership

Discus and support VPN - Group Membership in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When the user is on Cisco VPN or any third party VPN on a Windows 10 device the user group membership does not enumerate properly. For example, we have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vinod7, Apr 21, 2020.

1. /u/vinod7 Win User

VPN - Group Membership

When the user is on Cisco VPN or any third party VPN on a Windows 10 device the user group membership does not enumerate properly. For example, we have a group called Windows10RemMedia that we add users that needed USB access. When on the VPN, if the user is being added to the group, then it never updates on the user end device. Running gpupdate/force or logoff/login/restart did not work. So if i run whoami /groups or gpresult /r the group name never shows up. I tried klist -lh 0 -li <hexadecimal> purge, but of no use. The other workaround is to kill the explorer and launch it again. But here the map drive are lost. Any other solution ?

submitted by /u/vinod7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vinod7, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 21, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN - Group Membership :D

P4-630, Apr 21, 2020
  4. VPN - Group Membership

Lost Administrators Group Membership

My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number of the computer.

Her account had Administrators Group membership, but I accidentally removed it.

I'm attempting to restore this membership without much luck.

I have activated the Administrator account but I cannot log in under this account. I can access the command line as Administrator, but Administrator seems to have limited authority there.

Using the command,

"net user"

does not show my wife's account.

Creating an account with Administrators Group membership using,

"net localgroup Administrators NEWUSER /add

seems to create a user temporarily but upon a reboot the user disappears.

I am stumped.

Is there a way to regain Administrators Group membership for this account?

TomSparks2, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

VPN - Group Membership

1. VPN - Group Membership - Similar Threads - VPN Group Membership

2. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Premium Membership: I renewed my Premium Membership 28042022 and today I received a reminder that my Premium Membership is about to expire. Can someoneplease let me know what is going on and why my membership has not been update?Robert Brown or Cute Cactus 31950 10052022...
  3. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Premium Membership: I renewed my Premium Membership 28042022 and today I received a reminder that my Premium Membership is about to expire. Can someoneplease let me know what is going on and why my membership has not been update?Robert Brown or Cute Cactus 31950 10052022...
  4. Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?: Hi everyone,I recently encountered a situation where a user was disabled and removed from their security & distribution groups.They were later re-enabled but of course were no longer part of their previous groups, so the original user access records had to be reviewed and we...
  5. lifetime DVD membership

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lifetime DVD membership: How to install it to another of my computers without charging 14.99 done it before just forgot how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifetime-dvd-membership/9f27d646-1e4f-4cdf-8440-8bc4a1eed04c
  6. Family Group membership removed by Son

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group membership removed by Son: UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that! Here is the exact problem: From the task bar the child Family Group member...
  7. cancel membership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cancel membership: Please cancel my membership. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-membership/41bd36c4-8d84-4f9f-906d-5e8250aab836
  8. Premium Membership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Premium Membership: I became a premium member some months ago so I would not have to look at commercials while playing games. However, in the last few weeks commercials have been appearing that say if you want this to end, click here and become a premium member. When I click it, it states that I...
  9. Lost Administrators Group Membership

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrators Group Membership: My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number of the computer. Her account had Administrators Group membership, but I accidentally removed it. I'm attempting to...
  10. User Group Membership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Group Membership: Hello, I have put a group policy in place to remove local admin rights for all our users (currently a test group) and on member is in the IT department. I have removed his account from the Domain Admin group but the policy isn't applying correctly, his account can still...