Windows 10: VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN

Discus and support VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks Those of you who use VPN's - is there any easy way of accessing networked hard drives on your LAN while connected to the VPN -- I can do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 22, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN

Hi folks

Those of you who use VPN's - is there any easy way of accessing networked hard drives on your LAN while connected to the VPN -- I can do it treating the lan as connected over the Interenet but that's a hassle - I want to use standard lan connections via simple networking -- possible or not. Windows 10 Machines.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 22, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

Those of you who use VPN's - is there any easy way of accessing networked hard drives on your LAN while connected to the VPN -- I can do it treating the lan as connected over the Interenet but that's a hassle - I want to use standard lan connections via simple networking -- possible or not. Windows 10 Machines.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 22, 2021
  3. After Connecting to VPN Local Network not working

After Connecting to VPN Local Network not working ,either VPN will work or Local network will work, please suggest what to do as i want use both .

Service India, Feb 22, 2021
  4. VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN - Similar Threads - VPN connect local

2. Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...: We have 5 computers on LAN, needing to share data, print, and send workstation backups to a NAS.This LAN has a router using 5G Cellular Hotspot as WAN connection.We've told Windows the it's a metered network to avoid downloading Windows Updates and the like.Problem is our...
  3. Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metered Network blocks local LAN traffic. The LAN isn't metered, only the WAN. How to...: We have 5 computers on LAN, needing to share data, print, and send workstation backups to a NAS.This LAN has a router using 5G Cellular Hotspot as WAN connection.We've told Windows the it's a metered network to avoid downloading Windows Updates and the like.Problem is our...
  4. VPN LAN problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN LAN problem: I have a windows 10 work laptop (I dont have admin rights on this computer) that has a VPN installed (this is labelled WAN Miniport (SSTP). When the VPN is connected I am unable to access any devices on my home network. This includes storage which is located on my local...
  5. VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN - how do you connect to local network HDD's on own LAN: Hi folks Those of you who use VPN's - is there any easy way of accessing networked hard drives on your LAN while connected to the VPN -- I can do it treating the lan as connected over the Interenet but that's a hassle - I want to use standard lan connections via simple...
  6. Network connected but no internet on VPN

Network connected but no internet on VPN: I use nordvpn and yourphone apps. When I am connected to my vpn I cannot connect to my phone. I disable vpn and it works until my vpn reumes and then nada,\. When I connect to my vpn I get a message"Connected,no internet" yet I can access the internet....
  7. How do I map network drive when connected to VPN at home?

How do I map network drive when connected to VPN at home?: Hi, I'm currently at work and would like to map a network folder (music) located on my Synology NAS back home. I'm connected to my home network via a VPN server in my Asus router. The NAS is located at IP 192.168.1.111 I am not able to connect to the NAS and this network...
  8. Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN

Two Ethernet Connections for Simultaneous VPN and LAN: Hey Guys, I've got an interesting question for you guys: I'd like to be able to place a computer inside a VPN protected network for me to access. This is easy and will be no problem. I would also like to remote desktop into this computer so that I can run specific software...
  9. Testing remote connection / VPN from same Lan

Testing remote connection / VPN from same Lan: Hi Network Gurus Is there any way to test a Remote connection / VPN from WITHIN the same LAN -- I know you can do it via a mobile phone hotspot setup and connect a laptop to that but that's a bit of a mess when I want to debug a VPN that's not working properly. I'm sure the...
  10. VPN incoming Network connection

VPN incoming Network connection: Hi, on Win 7 I created an incoming VPN connection Using my laptop to VPN to that PC I not only had access to my own network, but also could use Internet with my home IP address. This helped in watching TV when in a foreign country *Smile I have tried to connect both to...