Windows 10: VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect

Discus and support VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This VPN had worked fine a couple of weeks ago before I upgraded the system to the latest release. Now is Win 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.195... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlvinQi, Dec 29, 2018.

1. AlvinQi Win User

VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect

This VPN had worked fine a couple of weeks ago before I upgraded the system to the latest release.

Now is Win 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.195

Today I use the same VPN, and a failure occurred, told me the parameter was incorrect.

Here's the error I found in Event Viewer:

CoId={C9393855-0FC8-47EA-85A7-6A32E852F908}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named xxx which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 87.

Following the lead, I found the parameters the VPN client sent to the server:

CoId={699573D1-94D0-4F49-9FA6-21485B60DA50}: The user SYSTEM has started dialing a VPN connection using a per-user connection profile named xxx. The connection settings are:

Dial-in User = abbxgt

VpnStrategy = IKEv2

DataEncryption = Requested

PrerequisiteEntry =

AutoLogon = No

UseRasCredentials = Yes

Authentication Type = EAP <Microsoft: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)>

Ipv4DefaultGateway = No

Ipv4AddressAssignment = By Server

Ipv4DNSServerAssignment = By Server

Ipv6DefaultGateway = No

Ipv6AddressAssignment = By Server

Ipv6DNSServerAssignment = By Server

IpDnsFlags =

IpNBTEnabled = Yes

UseFlags = Private Connection

ConnectOnWinlogon = No

Mobility enabled for IKEv2 = Yes.

Here's the VPN info:

Name : xxx

ServerAddress : (sorry but this is not allowed to leak)

AllUserConnection : False

Guid : {D385C26C-1930-4809-B76C-E44C89BC4F1E}

TunnelType : Ikev2

AuthenticationMethod : {Eap}

EncryptionLevel : Optional

L2tpIPsecAuth :

UseWinlogonCredential : False

EapConfigXmlStream : #document

ConnectionStatus : Disconnected

RememberCredential : False

SplitTunneling : True

DnsSuffix :

IdleDisconnectSeconds : 0

How can I solve this problem, please?

:)

AlvinQi, Dec 29, 2018
  2. StanBlyat Win User

Issues connecting to an IKEv2 VPN "The parameter is incorrect"

I've set up a VPN using StrongSwan software on a DigitalOcean server.
    I used this guide here :https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...-ubuntu-16-04#step-4-—-configuring-strongswan;

The server has no issues, the ufw rules, ipsec config and StrongSwan config are all followed exactly as the tutorial shows.

Whenever I click connect on Windows 10, via the control panel VPN section, it returns the message "Can't connec to VPN" "The parameter is incorrect".

The VPN is IKEv2

StanBlyat, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Hao_1993 Win User
    A problem of Windows 10 VPN (Ikev2) connection

I tried to use ikev2 VPN on my windows 10 laptop, and connected successfully (at least it showed "connected"). However, when I checked my IP on google, it suggested that it didn't connect me to the VPN server at all. And other methods also proved that my
    laptop didn't get access to the Internet via ikev2 VPN.

So are there anyone who also meet the same problem? Is it a bug on windows 10, or just something I do is wrong?

Hao_1993, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Dxy00 Win User

cannot enable shared access. error: 87 the parameter is incorrect (VPN Starts Internet Connection Sharing service failure )

The issue remains and I post a question in Technet forum
    here

Dxy00, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. VPN(IKEv2) connection failure 87 the parameter is incorrect - Similar Threads - VPN IKEv2 connection

2. how do i fix error 87 the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix error 87 the parameter is incorrect: how do i fix this recurring issue it appears everytime i try to run gaming services so i can download games but it just appears with "your parameter is incorrect"...
  3. how do i fix error 87 the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix error 87 the parameter is incorrect: how do i fix this recurring issue it appears everytime i try to run gaming services so i can download games but it just appears with "your parameter is incorrect"...
  4. LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.: I recently installed the 3D animation app called blender, but when I started it up I got that error message, please let me know how to fix this....
  5. LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect.: I recently installed the 3D animation app called blender, but when I started it up I got that error message, please let me know how to fix this....
  6. Load Library Failed with error 87:parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Load Library Failed with error 87:parameter is incorrect: Hey, So i have a problem obviously. Whenever I try to load Minecraft java edition it gives me the message "Load Library Failed with error 87:parameter incorrect" I've read and tried so many things, I have an AMD Radeon TM RX 470, 64 bit graphics card, and that seems to be a...
  7. LoadLibary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LoadLibary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect: I have been running Zwift on my windows 10 computer with no problem up until today. When I tried to launch the game, I get this error code. I've done everything from websites say I should do, including Command Prompts, doing a clean reinstall of Zwift, updating all my...
  8. error 87 parameter is incorrect (error 87) in Services- Windows 10 current update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error 87 parameter is incorrect (error 87) in Services- Windows 10 current update: When attempting to set Bluetooth User Support- unable to change manual to automatic in Services. Can NOT activate Bluetooth Dongle. Is Greg around? He helped me correct Media Player setting with one answer......
  9. LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect: Photoshop from the creative cloud after purchasing access from the company. The trail version of the software worked. Now when I try to run Photoshop CC I get the error LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. The software will not load . How do I...
  10. windows update service error 87 : the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update service error 87 : the parameter is incorrect: my windows 10 update show this error when i start update service then i got this error again . i have windows 10 pro v1803 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to the vpn server. (87)

2. -------------------------- Initiator CHAP secret -------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. -------------------------- OK --------------------------

3. ipvanish error 87

4. vpn error 87,
  5. cant connect vpn parameter is incorrect,
  6. cannot enable shared access error 87 vpn,
  7. vpn error 87 win10,
  8. vpn connect the paramter is incorrect,
  9. vpn the parameter is incorrect,
  10. win 10 ics 87 error,
  11. modem error: 87 The parameter is incorrect,
  12. incoorect parameter vpn w10,
  13. vpn sharing from client cannot enable because the parameter is incorrect set to wifi,
  14. network sharing error 87,
  15. (Error 0x80072745) trying to use VPN