Windows 10: VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable.

Discus and support VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am trying to connect VPN, I am getting error as below. [ATTACH] In this link mentioned to uninstall 1601 update,but there is no such kb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Uday kiranReddy, Mar 13, 2020.

1. VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable.

Uday kiranReddy, Mar 13, 2020

2. VPN Access Server Setup unresoved issues

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to this forum.

I'm attempting to create an incoming VPN connection. My objective is to have access to my media library to play on my mobile devices (iOS) when I'm away from home but otherwise connected to wifi.

A few things to note:

• My router is a Linksys EA3500
    • All available VPN passthroughs are enabled.
    • Port 1723 is forwarded to the local IP of the host machine (static IP)
    • The incoming connection is configured to assign a range of IP addresses rather than use DHCP. Using 192.168.1.250-255
    • My Home PC's access the internet via a VPN service because, well.... reasons.
    • Remote users are allowed to access shared resources (folders, printers, etc.)

I can connect to the VPN from my iOS device as long as I'm on my Home network, and connect to the host via its local IP, however, I cannot access the internet and VLC cannot see my shared media folders, I'm also logging into the VPN as the owner of those folders. When I'm connected to the Home network but not connected to the VPN , VLC can see and read from the shared media folders.

When I am not connected to my home network's access point, I cannot connect to the VPN at all, and yes I remembered to change from the Local IP to the WAN IP in the client settings. *Tongue

I've read some other similar issues and many pointed to unchecking "use default gateway" to split the tunnel. I have two issues with this.

1) I don't want to split the tunnel, I want all my internet traffic to be routed from the internet connection of the access host and...
    2) this doesn't solve the issue of accessing my shared folders that contain my media library.

Any help would be appreciated. if you need more details, please tell me what you need and how to locate the information.

VegasChris, Mar 13, 2020
  3. jeanrouge Win User
    Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP

Hi my ethernet NIC is configured wth 255.255.255.0 but my VPN connection does not give me the option. I attach a PNG file showing you

VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable. [​IMG]

jeanrouge, Mar 13, 2020
  4. VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable.

WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable.

1. VPN Issue : The Remote Access Service IP configuration is unusable. - Similar Threads - VPN Issue Remote

2. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  3. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration: Hi all ,After configuring a RRAS service on 2019 windows server, I was able to have an internet access from the server, but I am not able to ping any of RRAS clients even though I can ping the server IP, not able also to reach any local service, The IPv4 router checkbox is...
  4. Routing and Remote Access Service Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPN remote access

VPN remote access: Hi all, I am new to the platform. I was very excited to find the group. I've been given a situation of cleaning up a contractors config and they arent being very forthcoming, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have a situation with WIndows 10 pro laptops with mapped...
  6. Routing and remote access services VPN problem.

Routing and remote access services VPN problem.: Hi! I have a problem with my windows 10.. I try to create a incoming connection VPN and if a try i get that screen: [ATTACH] Sorry for the Hungarian but I'am Hungarian.. So thats screen says "The incoming connections depend on the routung and remote access sevice, that...
  7. IP Configuration issue

IP Configuration issue: Network troubleshoot error cone up saying, “ethernet and wifi doesnt have valid ip confirguration. Most answers on the intert say do a ipconfig /release and renew. When i try a renew i get I've been trying all of the solutions I've found through google search and...
  8. IP IN VPN

IP IN VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. Website from which I download this document I want that system to see me as a new user every time when I go on there.I tried vpn,...
  9. Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP

Local IP returned instead of remote VPN's IP: Hi for several years both in win7 and now win10 I have a VPN to a remote Draytek router in the UK. All worked very well. BUT: Between July this year and now (Oct) something has changed and exceeds my expertise to correct. I can set things to either: (a) connect to sites...
  10. VPN and remote access

VPN and remote access: Hello all, It is possible to VPN to a secondary network while using my local network's internet connection AND keep the ability to remote to machines on the secondary network? Accomplishing the first two steps in not and issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the remote access service ip configuration is unusable

2. globalprotect remote access ip configuration unusable

3. the remote access service ip is unusable

4. remote access ip configuration is unusable,
  5. remote access service ip is unusable,
  6. the remote access service ip configuration is unusable dns,
  7. the remote access ip configuration is unavailable,
  8. vpn the remote access service ip is unusable,
  9. the remote sevice ip configuration is unusable