Windows 10: VPN location query

Discus and support VPN location query in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently joined Malwarebytes VPN service 'Privacy'. All looked good using a server based in Manchester, UK. Then MS blocked my account as operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by commonone, Nov 12, 2020.

1. commonone Win User

VPN location query

Recently joined Malwarebytes VPN service 'Privacy'.

All looked good using a server based in Manchester, UK.

Then MS blocked my account as operating from a new location. Romaina......

When looking at my recent activity on my MS account, yes it shows Romania not Manchester, UK.

Reported this to Malwarebytes which concerns them, they are asking "So we can further understand how they are detecting this Geo IP.

When trying to reproduce this on our side we are showing the appropriate area of UK.

It would be most helpful to understand what service they are using to identify this IP if you are able to secure this information we can further investigate why this potential Mix match of IP is coming back. "

Anyone know what service MS or Hotmail are using to monitor IP location.

thanks

Not sure if correct Category: * is selected.........

:)

commonone, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Nov 12, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN location query :D

P4-630, Nov 12, 2020
  4. VPN location query

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

VPN location query

1. VPN location query - Similar Threads - VPN location query

2. Microsoft PL 300 certified exam location query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft PL 300 certified exam location query: HiCurrently I am in US . I already have my Microsoft account which contains the India details like address etc. Can I take my PL 300 exam in US with the same account or do I need to create a new account here. I am planning to pay the PL 300 exam fees in Indian currency....
  3. Microsoft PL 300 certified exam location query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft PL 300 certified exam location query: HiCurrently I am in US . I already have my Microsoft account which contains the India details like address etc. Can I take my PL 300 exam in US with the same account or do I need to create a new account here. I am planning to pay the PL 300 exam fees in Indian currency....
  4. Query

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Query: Hi,my laptop hangs sometimes and shutters while playing games and my hdd usage is also not constant so iam thinking of upgrading it but as my budget is tight which should i upgrade first 1.my 4gb ram to 8 gb or2. Should i insert a nvme 128gb ssd as a boot device ??Please...
  5. Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query: If I am facing minor issues with my PC so should I reset it or just keep going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query/3d4c71ce-de6b-4429-aee7-cbd909af8783
  6. Query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query: I am not able to find wifi and mobile hotspot option on my system having windows 10 pro installed.kindly help me to rectify this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query/5e026007-8f9d-45a8-a98d-b9f4c38c55e2
  7. Query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Query: My laptop came with a pre-activated Windows 10 several years ago. Yesterday, it restarted on its own, then when it opened, a message appeared on the lower right corner of the screen saying "Activate Windows". I opened Settings - Activation - Troubleshooter, then I received...
  8. query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    query: sir I am using window 10 pro and I daily seen a notification of window update. Please let me know how would I disable it permanently.I use internet on this windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/query/8be5d6b5-70dd-4aac-9373-9cc10896381f
  9. Query

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Query: Query Query Query Query Query 26801
  10. Log of who's querying location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log of who's querying location?: Anyone know where to find the log of who's querying, how often etc? 61486