Windows 10: VPN Problems Change DNS

Discus and support VPN Problems Change DNS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I create a VPN windows built, and cant change the DNS on tcp/ip propreties. Dont open. Anyone can test it? PS: Im on virtual machine. 10127 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mouratti, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Mouratti Win User

VPN Problems Change DNS

I create a VPN windows built, and cant change the DNS on tcp/ip propreties.
    Dont open.

Anyone can test it?

PS: Im on virtual machine.

:)

Mouratti, Jul 29, 2015

2. Fresh install of windows 10 and keep getting err_connection_refused on few sites

Change your DNS addresses to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or something else you prefer. I faced this problem and changing DNS fixed my problem. Also disable any VPN or proxy settings or software and see what happens.

Hasibul Kabir, Jul 29, 2015
  3. drueter Win User
    Win 10: DNS resolution of remote network via VPN connection not working

Changing the metric worked for me, but my situation was a little different:

DNS resolution with my VPN had been working flawlessly with Win10 (first with Preview, then with RTM, always kept up-to-date) using Dell SonicWALL NetExtender (currently version 7.5.223)

Then this morning DNS resolution with my VPN stopped working suddenly. I hadn't explicitly made any changes or installed any updates or software. Perhaps an automatic update broke things.

Though the VPN still connected fine, and though the interface binding order HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\LanmanServer\Linkage\Bind was properly updated on connection of the VPN (i.e. the VPN's interface was added to the top of the list),
    NSLOOKUP would use my LAN's DNS servers rather than the VPN's DNS servers. The VPN client was however showing properly-configured DNS servers.

In my case I was unable to open TCP/IPv4 properties for the "SonicWALL NetExtender" interface: the "Properties" button was displayed as being active, but clicking on it did nothing / did not open a properties dialog.

So instead I went to TCP/IPv4 properties for my Ethernet interface, clicked Advanced, and unchecked "Automatic metric", and assigned an arbitrary metric of 100.

After doing this DNS resolution once again works properly: When the VPN is connected the VPN interface's DNS servers are used. When the VPN is not connected, the Ethernet interface's DNS servers are used.

drueter, Jul 29, 2015
  4. VPN Problems Change DNS

I have the same issue

Have tested on 2 Win 10 systems

I go to Network and Sharing Center
    Change Adapter setting
    Properties of a VPN Connection
    Networking Tab

I select Internet Protocol Version 4 - But the next dialog windows does not open when I click Properties

Lex

lexoconnor, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

VPN Problems Change DNS

1. VPN Problems Change DNS - Similar Threads - VPN Problems Change

2. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  3. DNS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS problem: hello, i can't install VSCode, it says wrong dns. How to fix it, please help me!there is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/41826b00-3330-45b8-89b9-8afa959824e0
  4. Always On VPN DNS resolution problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always On VPN DNS resolution problem: Hi we set up Always On VPN in force-tunnel mode. Server side is RRAS on Win Server 2019, client is Win 10. The customer use split DNS, that means the same FQDN points to a different IPs depending if you are in an inside or outside network. Everything works fine but there...
  5. DNS only VPN for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS only VPN for windows 10?: Is there any vpn only for dns? My isp blocked reddit so I want to use 1.1.1.1 but I can't figure it out how to use it on Dial-Up connection (pppoe). I changed dns on ipv4 but doesn't work that way. I tried on my phone using 1.1.1.1 app it worked. If there was an app only for...
  6. Problem with DNS

Problem with DNS: Hi, I have a big problem with my wifi,with my laptop and with thr others devices that are connected to my wifi router.I don't have acces to the internet in my whole house,and this is very frustrating.I figured out that the problem is with the DNS,which is allways changing...
  7. Dns Problem

Dns Problem: I change dns server but website still blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-problem/2ebeb61a-ad55-4851-bd5e-54b134d9673d
  8. VPN always on DNS config

VPN always on DNS config: Hi All, Windows10 client (1703) / RRAS 2016 Our VPN solution requires that we honor our split DNS configuration. We deliver our VPN configuration via an XML. our intended split dns configuration is: <DomainNameInformation> <DomainName>.splitdomain.com</DomainName>...
  9. Preferrence of DNS servers from VPN issue (DNS Leak)

Preferrence of DNS servers from VPN issue (DNS Leak): Hello, when I connect to VPN, I receive DNS servers, but windows primarily uses DNS servers configured on my LAN connection (checked with nslookup). This is problem when I am accessing same hostname, which has internal IP in VPN. I tried to change network adapters order...
  10. DNS problem

DNS problem: Is this a bug or Windows 10 does not allow changing the DNS ?? [img] 5535