Windows 10: VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

Discus and support VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I try to open the standard VPN settings application freezes. I have Windows 64 bit. I have run both the DISM and the SFC scan, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TearsOfLA, Feb 7, 2019.

1. TearsOfLA Win User

VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

Hello,

Whenever I try to open the standard VPN settings application freezes.

I have Windows 64 bit.

I have run both the DISM and the SFC scan, and it came back with no errors.

this is what I received,

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.248

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Any suggestions, i have been trying to find a solution to this for 6 months now and nothing I've tried has worked.?

:)

TearsOfLA, Feb 7, 2019

2. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 7, 2019
  4. VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

VPN link in network connection opens VPN settings instead of connecting to VPN

I've set up a VPN connection to my home network and it displays when you click on the network connection tray icon. However, when you click on the link for the VPN, instead of connecting you, it just opens the VPN settings screen. This is annoying. If
    it's already set up, just connect! That's how it used to work in older versions of windows. Now it requires an extra window and an extra step.

Samuel Stainback, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

1. VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10 - Similar Threads - VPN Settings window

2. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings: Hi, Recently I tried download Norton 360 and Enabling its VPN and it did not connect. I searched VPN in my settings I could see the option but every time I clicked on it, the settings app froze. This happened when I searched it in the bar under my screen or when I went...
  3. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings: Hi, Recently I tried download Norton 360 and Enabling its VPN and it did not connect. I searched VPN in my settings I could see the option but every time I clicked on it, the settings app froze. This happened when I searched it in the bar under my screen or when I went...
  4. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: I get an error message CANNOT REOLVE SERVER - what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/80967ba6-f364-4716-ae5b-c56c81aeb873
  6. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/
  7. VPN connection gone after Windows 10 update. Cannot open VPN settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN connection gone after Windows 10 update. Cannot open VPN settings.: Hi! I've updated my Windows 10 Education edition to the latest version this weekend. I tried logging into my workplace VPN this morning and found that the connection was gone, so I tried to go to the VPN settings to re-add it, but when I click on "VPN settings" it just loads...
  8. Setting up a VPN

Setting up a VPN: When setting up a VPN, which address do I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/23683ad0-f682-4e6f-9236-c2a64123199e
  9. VPN and firewall settings

VPN and firewall settings: Hello I have the VPN tunnel established and working. From the remote client I can ping the VPN router...I can also ping a computer at the office behind the router if the defender firewall is turned off on the office target computer TCP port 1723, 43 and 445 have been...
  10. Windows 10 VPN settings

Windows 10 VPN settings: Hello, I have been having an issue with VPN connections on some windows 10 Machines, this does not happen on windows 7 and while not all Windows 10 Machines are affected it seems this is the only common factor. The issue is as follows: VPN is setup initially either from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 control panel freezes trying to open vpn settings