Windows 10: VPN Shared key

Discus and support VPN Shared key in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up my computer so my wife can dial in to work like so many are force to do. I setup the built in VPN client for Win 10 and we can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinMenton, Mar 24, 2020.

1. VPN Shared key

I'm trying to set up my computer so my wife can dial in to work like so many are force to do.

I setup the built in VPN client for Win 10 and we can't connect, their IT guy isn't much help but I think it has something to do with the shared key option. They have a key that they want us to use but when I enter it in be it for the VPN settings or the adapter settings it doesn't save the key I enter. I assume that there is a security setting that is wanting to keep the KEY that is already setup.

Can any of you point me to a fix for this??

:)

MartinMenton, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPN Shared key :D

P4-630, Mar 24, 2020
  4. VPN Shared key

VPN pre-shared key issue

Hello,

If you are unable to set up VPN on your Windows 10 Mobile due to Pre-shared key issue, it is best that you get in touch with your VPN service. If the VPN that you are using is for work, you can contact your company's support person. However, if it is for
    your own use, go to your VPN service support or website to provide you more information about the pre-shared key.

Regards.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

VPN Shared key

1. VPN Shared key - Similar Threads - VPN Shared key

2. L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error: Hello,I desperately try to connect to one of the subsidiaries of my company through a VPN.First they sent me all the parameters to set up the connection and it was a L2TP/IPsec with certificate configuration.We configured our firewall to allow the connection I also tried...
  3. L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    L2TP VPN with pre-shared key connection error: Hello,I desperately try to connect to one of the subsidiaries of my company through a VPN.First they sent me all the parameters to set up the connection and it was a L2TP/IPsec with certificate configuration.We configured our firewall to allow the connection I also tried...
  4. folder sharing through vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sharing through vpn: I'm always connecting to a specific VPN. Will the folders I have shared be shared automatically with other users connected to that VPN?I'm worried about personal folders that I have already shared to access them with my other devices through Wi-Fi....
  5. VPN Sharing

VPN Sharing: I have setup VPN Sharing on a Win 10 machine by sharing the main Internet connection with a 2nd Network Card, the connection is working but the speed through the 2nd card is only around 1/4 of the main connection, anyone have any suggestions, I am through Private Internet...
  6. Printing to a shared printer over VPN.

Printing to a shared printer over VPN.: At local site host site Win10 PC with IP 192.168.1.20 and the router configured for remote PPTP VPN. At remote site, Win7 PC with a shared printer attached called HPshare. After establishing the VPN connection and based on my router config the Win7 PC at the remote sites...
  7. Connecting to VPN File Shares and Printer Shares not Acceptable

Connecting to VPN File Shares and Printer Shares not Acceptable: We have a 3rd party APP that requires a VPN connection to the software vendors Azure VPN with Windows built-in VPN. Once connected I can still ping the domain and domain controllers by name but I'm unable to update the GPO or access printers or file shares. I have checked the...
  8. file sharing & VPN

file sharing & VPN: so i mademade a simple (virtual) network with hyper-v. i made 3 new virtual machines, 2 with windows server 2016 and 1 with windows 10. all of this can be seen in the pictured i have add. the first machine we configured was one of the server 2016 machines and we made it our...
  9. Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN: I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall...
  10. VPN Sharing to a specific IP -

VPN Sharing to a specific IP -: Hi guys, I have a VPN that runs on my windows 10. I would like to have that VPN shared/route to a specific IP (that IP is a router set up as an access point, and has wireless and ethernet ports, both working. dlink dir-655 that doesnt support DD-WRT). WHY i want to...