Windows 10: VPN stopped working

Discus and support VPN stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! This is my very first post so I am sorry for any mistake. I have a bothering problem. My VPN, which I configured through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by freddyit, Oct 27, 2016.

1. freddyit Win User

VPN stopped working

Hello everyone!
    This is my very first post so I am sorry for any mistake.
    I have a bothering problem. My VPN, which I configured through the "Settings" page of Windows 10, stopped working. It happened already yesterday, then I restored the system to a previous point and then it worked again. Now it has just stopped once more.
    When I try to connect to my configured VPN, the writing "Verifying access information" hangs on, then nothing and then a red writing like "Unable to establish a connection with remote computer. The port used for connection has been closed" appears (more or less this, considering I have it in my own Language). Then, even if I configure another VPN, exactly the same thing happens.
    Can it be something corrupted? It would be very strange, considering it happened also yesterday and in both cases I was doing really nothing, it just stopped working.
    Any idea? Thank you very much!

P.S.: I have already done network reset and uninstalled and reinstalled network adapters. The only thing that worked, even if just for a while, was restoring the system to a previous point.

:)

freddyit, Oct 27, 2016

2. Cisco VPN stopped working

Cisco VPN stopped working after Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936) (2016.09.30.)

It has been running through DELL SonicWall global VPN,
    but after the renewal stopped.

I Reinstalled CISCO VPN on
    Dell SonicWall but the result
    is not.

GirtsBerzins, Oct 27, 2016
  3. vpn problem

Hey .. I have a problem with vpn .. It was working good but it has stopped working .. Downloaded vpn apps and the vpn options doesn't work anymore .. When I try to connect it says " authentication error " and I don't know what to do ... Can anybody help
    me please !!!?

ahmedabdelshafy, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

VPN stopped working

1. VPN stopped working - Similar Threads - VPN stopped working

2. windows explorer stop working after VPN connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer stop working after VPN connected.: Windows explorer stop working after VPN connected. And edge, music did not response for more than 10 seconds when VPN is connected; but chrome and VLC work as usual. In windows log, there is event 1001 and 1002 log.Here is the windows log: explorer.exe 10.0.22000.466 Windows...
  3. windows explorer stop working after VPN connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer stop working after VPN connected.: Windows explorer stop working after VPN connected. And edge, music did not response for more than 10 seconds when VPN is connected; but chrome and VLC work as usual. In windows log, there is event 1001 and 1002 log.Here is the windows log: explorer.exe 10.0.22000.466 Windows...
  4. Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN: Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with my camera issue. Everytime I connect to VPN my camera stops working. To get it working again I need to open device manager, uninstall it and then reinstall. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? I am running...
  5. VPN not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN not working: Since the latest update on Windows 10 2004 build 19041.450, I cannot use any type of VPN on my laptop. I have tried using ExpressVPN their own client, it shows it is connected but I cannot browse the internet. Also I tried using VPN Unlimited their own client, it shows again...
  6. VPN/Remote Desk Top Connection Stopped Working

VPN/Remote Desk Top Connection Stopped Working: So with COVID-19 and all I'm working from home and for the last month everything has been fine. As of yesterday however I can no longer get my VPN and remote desktop connection to my work computer to function. I went through some trouble shooting with our tech support but...
  7. Windows VPN stopped working via wifi

Windows VPN stopped working via wifi: I have 3 Windows 10 Pro / Business version 1909 that have stopped connecting to VPN when those devices are connected over wifi. When clicking "Connect", it will say "Connecting to ip address" but never connect. We have used the Microsoft built-in VPN client to vpn into a...
  8. Opera's vpn suddenly stopped working

in Browsers and Email
    Opera's vpn suddenly stopped working: Opera's VPN suddenly stopped working this morning so uninstalled and reinstalled but still no good. Never had the problem before so any help much appreciated thanks....*Smile 138931
  9. October 2018 Update - VPN services stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Update - VPN services stopped working: Hi, Yesterday I upgraded my laptop with the newest update (October 2018), and all of my VPN programs stopped working, they connect, but the connection only lasts for a second, before it's interrupted, so pretty much everything VPN related is pretty much useless as of now,...
  10. VPN Not working

VPN Not working: UNABLE To GET VPN SERVER & VPN CLIENT working. VPN server : Windows 10 Pro VPn client ports Forwarded (1723 TCP &UDP -inbound rules) on BT SMART router 1723 GRE opened for all applicataion Windows Firewall : defender stopped on both Client & Server Unable to get VPN...