Windows 10: VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did...

Discus and support VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having trouble connecting remotely to my server through the VPN, it has no router, it is a small network. I keep getting this message: The remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AngieFS, Sep 2, 2020.

1. AngieFS Win User

VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did...

I am having trouble connecting remotely to my server through the VPN, it has no router, it is a small network. I keep getting this message: The remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve! is this issue on the server side? I am running windows 10 home edition and the server is running windows 10, but not home edition. is it a firewall issue? a configuration issue on the server side or mine?

thanks

:)

AngieFS, Sep 2, 2020

2. WM6.5 - Remote desktop over VPN

So i am trying to access a server on my network using my MW6.5 remote desktop over a VPN-connection

These are the issues i have:

• Remote desktop connects locally but not remote
    • VPN is working for Active Sync but not Remote Desktop
    • I have tried to access the remote client using only Remote desktop, and also tried to start the VPN-connection manually but there is no go
    Remote desktop works perfectly locally but as soon as i am outside the network it don't work.
    I use the same VPN-settings as for my Active Sync (pushmail from my exchange) and i am also trying to access the exchange server... that is, the same IP is used for both Active Sync and Remote Desktop.

I would guess that since Active Sync activelly start the VPN-connection when it tries to sync my email Remote Desktop would do the same when i use it - but no!

I am using a localized HTC HD Mini (swedish), we have a cisco VPN-concentrator, server is running Windows Server 2008 R2. I would like to know how to make this work.
    (if i missed some info needed i will supply what is asked for)

Robert Österlund, Sep 2, 2020
  3. mlee49 Win User
    help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Sep 2, 2020
  4. The Horn Win User

VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did...

Defender Blocking VPN Remote File Access

I am using the Windows 10 built-in VPN.

I have configured VPN to connect to a remote server via PPTP and can connect to the remote server successfully.

I cannot access mapped drives on the remote server (error 0x80070035) unless I turn Defender Firewall OFF.

Once Defender is OFF, I can then access and work with the mapped drives. At this time, I can then turn Defender back ON and continue working with the remote drives.

What settings do I need to change within Defender Firewall so that I can access remote mapped drives without having to turn Defender OFF.

The Horn, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. VPN - the remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did... - Similar Threads - VPN remote connection

2. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  3. VPN remote access

VPN remote access: Hi all, I am new to the platform. I was very excited to find the group. I've been given a situation of cleaning up a contractors config and they arent being very forthcoming, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have a situation with WIndows 10 pro laptops with mapped...
  4. VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Connected but Remote Server Not Connected: elloI Purchase HP Laptop Spectre Windows 10 Home editionNow My PC Configuration VPN in My Machine, Also Update Group Policy Configuration Then I want to connect remote server in my office PC then Getting ErrorPlease Check it and give me feed back ThanksAlpesh Patel...
  5. Not connecting to remote server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not connecting to remote server: Please help me , some programmes say unable to connect while some connect without problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-connecting-to-remote-server/761f69ad-f0b2-41e3-9e41-150ea131e262
  6. The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...

in Windows 10 News
    The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) is a role in Remote Desktop Services (RDS) that host Windows applications or desktops. These can be accessed using the […] This article The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...
  7. Remote access connection

Remote access connection: I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't...
  8. VPN and remote access

VPN and remote access: Hello all, It is possible to VPN to a secondary network while using my local network's internet connection AND keep the ability to remote to machines on the secondary network? Accomplishing the first two steps in not and issue....
  9. Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote session was disconnected because there are no remote deskcop license servers...: I'm trying to connect to a host server and am getting this message. Is the problem on my end or the host's end? How would I go about checking to see if the problem is on my side? The tech support on the host's side won't be available until Monday morning, and I need to...
  10. A connection will not be made because credentials may not be sent to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A connection will not be made because credentials may not be sent to the remote computer.: Hello, I am getting strange error in Windows 10 LTSB OS while trying to RDC from one Windows 10 A pc to another windows 10 B pc running in a vmware envrionment. The error shows as A connection will not be made because credentials may not be sent to the remote computer....