Windows 10: VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash

Discus and support VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep experiencing BSOD crashes when trying to use Sonicwall Global VPN to access my work from home. I have installed all updates, installed newest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by irishvermin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash

I keep experiencing BSOD crashes when trying to use Sonicwall Global VPN to access my work from home. I have installed all updates, installed newest version of VPN client, updated network drivers, and basically done everything I could think of or find recommendations for online so far.

I have narrowed it down to only crashing when VPN is running, I'm on a Wifi connection instead of LAN, and I open a browser (either Chrome or IE). Problem is, I need to open IE to access work program, so just not opening a browser isn't an option. Being connect to the LAN isn't exactly convenient either.

So now I'm turning it over to the experts for help...

:)

irishvermin, Jul 20, 2016

2. Symbian Belle - Internet browser (unable to choose access point)

On my new Nokia 701 with Symbian Belle, I've defined a VPN access point in my network settings. There, I've set "Easy WLAN". That allows me to choose any wifi wherever I am.

Now, if I open the built-in internet browser to get connected to the network, I immediately get the message to choose a wifi. Before, on my former Nokia N95, I got the message to choose a wifi
    or the predefined VPN access point. After choosing the VPN access point I could choose a wifi.

Result: With the internet browser of the Nokia 701 I cannot directly choose the VPN access point anymore. In fact, I have to 'hard-code' it in the settings of the internet browser. That's not very handy as I always have to change the settings depending on
    my location...

I don't think that this behaviour is really intended... Can that be fixed in a firmware update?

patrickfrei, Jul 20, 2016
  3. BSOD (driver power state failure) Win10 build 1709

Something related to the network driver, most probably WiFi. I notice that you are using VPN too.

Two possibilities:

1. VPN is causing crash

2. Corrupt WiFi driver.

Can you uninstall VPN and temporarily and see if the issue persists. I think #1 is the reason most probably.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 20, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash

Hi irishvermin,

Please check HP for BIOS updates.

As there are various of crashes I would like to suggest MemTest86+ to test the memory to rule out the memory.

VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Thema:

VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash

1. VPN + Wifi + Open Browser = BSOD crash - Similar Threads - VPN Wifi Open

2. Wifi and Vpn?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Vpn?: Don't know if this is the right forum but hear goes.I have spectrum internet and wifi.My two computers are hard wired to the wifi modem.My wife on the other hand is in her office working.She is on the bank site which requires her to go through there vpn.My question is could I...
  3. Open VPN?

Open VPN?: Since I switched over to Windows 10 every couple of weeks Open VPN wants to install drivers. I can't find anything related to Open VPN anywhere on the pc. Any ideas where this keeps coming from? I click don't install and then go into device manager to remove the 3 unknown...
  4. Opera browser crashes when opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera browser crashes when opening: I recently installed Opera on my computer and when I launched it, it closed immediately. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-browser-crashes-when-opening/3c8a7cc7-0b49-4e85-80ed-78254a5b6ff6
  5. VPN and wifi

VPN and wifi: I use nordvpn and yourphone apps. When I am connected to my vpn I cannot connect to my phone. I disable vpn and it works until my vpn reumes and then nada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-and-wifi/33e343b1-6e8d-4352-baba-c0d00bb3f571
  6. Browsers crash when opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash when opened: I have been having an issue with browsers on my laptop crashing and then reopening immediately with a few seconds of delay. It started with Firefox, but then I discovered that it happens with Chrome and Edge as well. It does not happen with Brave and IE however. I have tried...
  7. All browsers crash upon opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers crash upon opening.: All my browsers except edge crash as soon as I try opening them. I have no error messages as it just closes immediately. I have already tried the troubleshoot compatibility tool. submitted by /u/TEK012 [link] [comments]...
  8. VPN Wifi

VPN Wifi: hello, I can not get my laptop to connect to my WIFI. I have messeages poping up about the VPN. I have tried to redo the VPN but it keeps say 'Parameter is incorrect'. I have updated my computer and rest it multiple time. please help. thanks...
  9. Inbuild VPN in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Inbuild VPN in Opera Browser: Hi All, It works more or less like a Proxy. VPN inside the Opera browser. What I want to know is, if I send an email while using that VPN, whose IP goes in the email. Mine or the VPN's? It does open up all sites that are not accessible in my country. But, what are...
  10. BSOD everytime open browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD everytime open browser: Hi, as title, i try uninstall the driver ( AMD ) but everytime restart it auto install. i already disable window update but still keep getting BSOD. please find attach file. thank you. 41731