Windows 10: VPNFilter Malware

Discus and support VPNFilter Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This article was referenced under Windows 10 News in case anyone missed it https://arstechnica.com/information-...an-we-thought/ I have a Virgin Media... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

VPNFilter Malware

This article was referenced under Windows 10 News in case anyone missed it https://arstechnica.com/information-...an-we-thought/

I have a Virgin Media Superhub v2.0 which is updated over the network by VM - there is no way for the user to fiddle with the firmware.

Does anyone know if VM routers are vulnerable to the VPNFilter threat?

:)

Steve C, Jun 7, 2018

2. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sidecubes-virus/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

VPNFilter Malware

1. VPNFilter Malware - Similar Threads - VPNFilter Malware

2. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  3. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  4. Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?: I have had an issue with my laptop, it won't stop scrolling down and it even selects some icon in the corner. Literally everything scrolls down, settings page, websites, it even used to give off the warning sound when i had to enter my bios passwordmost probably because it...
  5. Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?

Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?: I have had an issue with my laptop, it won't stop scrolling down and it even selects some icon in the corner. Literally everything scrolls down, settings page, websites, it even used to give off the warning sound when i had to enter my bios passwordmost probably because it...
  6. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  7. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  8. Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?: Do I need to invest in malware with my new windows based computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-malware-for-my-new-windows-laptop/26266a63-8e10-4977-9c0c-1c60e266d3a4
  9. Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?

Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?: Do I need to invest in malware with my new windows based computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-malware-for-my-new-windows-laptop/26266a63-8e10-4977-9c0c-1c60e266d3a4
  10. FBI recommends to reboot routers to kill VPNFilter malware

in Windows 10 News
    FBI recommends to reboot routers to kill VPNFilter malware: FOREIGN CYBER ACTORS TARGET HOME AND OFFICE ROUTERS AND NETWORKED DEVICES WORLDWIDE SUMMARY The FBI recommends any owner of small office and home office routers power cycle (reboot) the devices. Foreign cyber actors have compromised hundreds of thousands of home and office...