Windows 10: VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]

Discus and support VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10] in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, My name's mary and i've been having an issue with all VPNs in my Laptop, ALL of them do NOT work for some reason.Basically, i tried these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mary Ashraf, Feb 5, 2024.

1. VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]

Hello, My name's mary and i've been having an issue with all VPNs in my Laptop, ALL of them do NOT work for some reason.Basically, i tried these VPNSVPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10] :planet VPNTurbo VPNProton VPNTunnelBear VPNMany More. . .and They all had the same issue.they either fail to connect or Say that i connected Successfully but It does not work.I've tried many tutorials on youtube but none of them worked, how do i fix this issue?~ ~ ~[latest ver of windows 10 installed]

:)

Mary Ashraf, Feb 5, 2024
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 5, 2024
  3. aj99000 Win User
    No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Feb 5, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]

Windows 10 apps not working on the Ethernet Windows 10 VPN internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please let us know:

• Does this issue occur only with Microsoft apps?

• Are you able to browse any website while connected to internet?

• Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

As you have mentioned that you are connected to internet with Ethernet via Windows VPN, I would suggest you
    try disconnecting VPN and see if you are able to access the applications.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 5, 2024
Thema:

VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]

1. VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10] - Similar Threads - VPNs Stuck Connecting

2. All vpns are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All vpns are not working: So, I have been trying to install a vpn lately on my laptop but Nothing works it does't connect, I have tried more than 6 ones free and paid I thought first that that was a problem in the vpn service but due to a lot of vpns not working I concluded that the problem lies in my...
  3. All vpns are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All vpns are not working: So, I have been trying to install a vpn lately on my laptop but Nothing works it does't connect, I have tried more than 6 ones free and paid I thought first that that was a problem in the vpn service but due to a lot of vpns not working I concluded that the problem lies in my...
  4. All vpns are not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]: Hello, My name's mary and i've been having an issue with all VPNs in my Laptop, ALL of them do NOT work for some reason.Basically, i tried these VPNS:Planet VPNTurbo VPNProton VPNTunnelBear VPNMany More. . .and They all had the same issue.they either fail to connect or Say...
  6. VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]

VPNs Do not Work. / Stuck on Connecting [Windows 10]: Hello, My name's mary and i've been having an issue with all VPNs in my Laptop, ALL of them do NOT work for some reason.Basically, i tried these VPNS:Planet VPNTurbo VPNProton VPNTunnelBear VPNMany More. . .and They all had the same issue.they either fail to connect or Say...
  7. Do VPNs Store Logs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Do VPNs Store Logs on Windows 10: When it comes to virtual private networks, you may have heard that some companies store your logs and sell them to third parties. The question is do VPNs really store logs. Asides from companies’ servers, are these logs stored on your Windows 10 too? The reason you might be...
  8. VPNs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPNs: I just installed Sure easy VPN but firewall blocked some of it. Should I install or delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpns/bb4bedfb-ad74-455e-870e-7c2600aef6d9
  9. VPNs for Windows 10?

VPNs for Windows 10?: Is there a section in tenforums for discussing vpn in Windows 10? Searching in the search box only provdes results outside tenforums. 150801
  10. How to tell Windows not categorize VPNs as metered connection?

How to tell Windows not categorize VPNs as metered connection?: I use a VPN connection via a .pbk file (dial-up phonebook) so it's not built in Windows. whenever I connect to it Windows 10 thinks i'm using a metered connection, i couldn't find any way to change it, all i could find was an option in Windows update to enable downloading...