Windows 10: VPNs that will not run in User login

Discus and support VPNs that will not run in User login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I stopped using one of the most highly rated and popular VPNs when the program changed and refused to run for any User. It would only run when an Admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Randysea, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Randysea Win User

VPNs that will not run in User login

I stopped using one of the most highly rated and popular VPNs when the program changed and refused to run for any User. It would only run when an Admin was logged in. The program/service is Private Internet Access (PIA).

I have always read that it is a good security practice to run my machines as a User except when Admin logon is necessary. This seems pretty rare. I can install most programs and do updates simply by entering an Admin credential in a popup User Access Control dialog box.

Even PIA has a "good security practices" guide that recommends running mostly in User mode. The author of the guide obviously didn't talk to the PIA programmers or marketing people.

I have never seen a review site for VPNs that mentions this issue. Maybe it's because most of them profit by links to the VPN publishers. The "reviews" are usually no more that a tabulation of the claims made by the VPN companies. For example, a VPN may be rated more highly if it has more servers. Or maybe it's only PIA that has this problem, and it isn't obvious unless you go deep in its documentation.

Am I out of date on this point, perhaps? Does everyone simply run their machines, and machines they set up for others, always with Admin logins? That is: Don't worry, be happy.

:)

Randysea, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Jan 8, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin VPNs that will not run in User login :D

P4-630, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. VPNs that will not run in User login - Similar Threads - VPNs run User

2. Windows Task Scheduler - Run at login of all users even running concurrently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Task Scheduler - Run at login of all users even running concurrently: I want an executable to run at the login of any user. I set the windows task scheduler to use the user account "Users". This made it startup at the first account that was logged into, but not any other accounts until all accounts were signed out of. I want an executable to...
  3. VPNs and Avast software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPNs and Avast software: I have a newer HP Pavilion x360. I have an Avast VPN and Avast Premium Security. I can unsubscribe at any time. Do you recommend either? Does Avast interfere/override Windows Defender?...
  4. A user logins when running in background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A user logins when running in background: Hello, This has been bugging me quite for a few months now and I haven't found a solution for it. So there are 3 local users on PC. My dad(Admin right), Me (Owner), My brother (Local standard account). Everytime i login into my account or my dads account my brother account...
  5. Run script/program before login of user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run script/program before login of user: I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?...
  6. VPNs

VPNs: I just installed Sure easy VPN but firewall blocked some of it. Should I install or delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpns/bb4bedfb-ad74-455e-870e-7c2600aef6d9
  7. Microsoft with Borders and VPNs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft with Borders and VPNs: Hello I use Microsoft without Borders to bridge two computers so I can use a total of 5 monitors. My laptops are only capable of supporting 3 active hence the second computer. I use Cisco AnyConnect as my corporate VPN and the moment I turn it on the connection times out. I...
  8. VPNs for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPNs for Windows 10?: Is there a section in tenforums for discussing vpn in Windows 10? Searching in the search box only provdes results outside tenforums. 150801
  9. VPNs and File Hosters

VPNs and File Hosters: Hi. I've been experimenting with a free VPN and have found that it's very difficult, if not impossible, to download files from the likes of zippyshare, depositfiles etc. Would this still be a problem with a paid VPN? 132676
  10. Running Powershell for login of users

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Powershell for login of users: I'd like to place a batch file in task scheduler and run simple uninstalling of the live tiles on windows. I have ran these separately but it would be perfect for anyone who logs into our domain on the pc would get these icons removed as well. Possible even run this in...