Windows 10: vr headset game play through steam app

Discus and support vr headset game play through steam app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i cannot get games on steam to play through the headset. my computer and hardware comply and as well as my version of windows. vr games play fine from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by aaronious69, Nov 13, 2020.

1. vr headset game play through steam app

i cannot get games on steam to play through the headset. my computer and hardware comply and as well as my version of windows. vr games play fine from any other origin but steam. steam will only show on the display screen for my computer. followed microsoft steps and everything i can do at my knowledge level. i would appreciate any helpful input for this issue. thanks to the community for your time on this.

:)

aaronious69, Nov 13, 2020

2. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Hi Gloison,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Movies and TV app supports video 360 format but virtual media content is not supported. So you are not able to watch the video. However, we would suggest you get in touch with manufacturer of VR headsets and get VR client to enjoy
    the personal videos.

Kindly, provide your feedback and suggestion on this

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Mixed Reality Portal keep automaticaly start when I run 3D game/apps, even in apps that not support VR

The portal will open if the headset is plugged in. The procedure normally suggesting unplug the headset when not in use, so it would not pop up in that situation.

Keep in mind, movement of the headset will usually start things going..

Are you using the WMR with Steam VR?

Saltgrass, Nov 13, 2020
  4. vr headset game play through steam app

why does my headset audio stop working when i launch a game from steam

Hi,

There are several reasons why your headset is not working when launching a game from Steam. It is possible that the headset is outdated or not compatible with the game. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Is the headset working when you use it for a different game or app?
    • Have you tried using the headset for Xbox Live party chats?
    • Does the headset work on a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you may perform the provided solutions on this

link
    to resolve sound or audio issues on your PC.

Loraine Mon, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

vr headset game play through steam app

1. vr headset game play through steam app - Similar Threads - headset game play

2. Cannot install a game through Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install a game through Steam: I have been attempting to install a game through Steam for the past couple of days but I am unable to. The game will install all of the files up until the very last moment, where then Steam will give a "Corrupt Download" error. I have tried asking on forums online as well as...
  3. Cannot install a game through Steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install a game through Steam: I have been attempting to install a game through Steam for the past couple of days but I am unable to. The game will install all of the files up until the very last moment, where then Steam will give a "Corrupt Download" error. I have tried asking on forums online as well as...
  4. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  5. BSOD when playing games mainly VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing games mainly VR: Hello,I have been having a problem more recently where I go to use my Oculus Quest 2, linked to my computer via a cable, to play games mainly Blade and Sorcery and DCS World and I get a BSOD. The error code is: whea uncorrectable error which I understand is most likely a...
  6. audio wont play through headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio wont play through headset: alright, so I get on this morning only to find out I can't hear audio through my headset. I can play audio with the built-in speakers, I can use the microphone on my headset, but I cannot get audio to play through it, it just stops. I've reinstalled drivers, I've reset, I've...
  7. Steam VR Keeps crashing..

Steam VR Keeps crashing..: Steam VR and Onwards keep crashing.. 1660Ti GPU 16MB RAM This is the common error as the previous crash Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x8e064b77 Faulting module name: HologramWorld.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1316, time...
  8. Steam VR Freeze??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam VR Freeze??: I am using Pimax 8K Plus in the game IL-2 Sturmoviik and after a while, sometimes immediately, the VR graphics freeze but the game carries on. In the file: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\debug.log dated today and around the time it crashed. I get the...
  9. No audio being played through headset

No audio being played through headset: So I just got this headset and as anyone else would I plugged it into my PC, but it doesn't have any sounds coming through. I searched through my sound settings and devices but I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm guessing that my PC isn't detecting my device or some other reason...
  10. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...