Windows 10: VRAM versus Shared Memory

Discus and support VRAM versus Shared Memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; SHORT VERSION 1) 2GB VRAM (enough for minimum requirements) 2) Windows forces page file every reboot 3) GPU uses 'shared memory' 4) Forza Horizon 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LavendARSE, Mar 16, 2019.

1. VRAM versus Shared Memory

SHORT VERSION

1) 2GB VRAM (enough for minimum requirements)
    2) Windows forces page file every reboot
    3) GPU uses 'shared memory'
    4) Forza Horizon 4 runs like garbage because OS drive pagefile.

TELL ME HOW TO DISABLE SHARED MEMORY LEAKING INTO VRAM,
    OR HOW TO DISABLE WINDOWS FORCING PAGE FILE EVERY REBOOT.

I need this to stop, just let me run the game at minimum settings without using shared memory from page file.

Long version is that for some god forsaken reason, without any programs using my GPU, I have 8GB of shared memory allocated to my dedicated graphics at all times.
    I am using a GTX 960, I have an Azrock Z170 Extreme6+.
    idc about graphics performance because right now using shared memory from a page file means I have none anyway.

:)

LavendARSE, Mar 16, 2019
  2. wolf Win User

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

3. GMReader Win User
    Gigabyte gtx 970 g1 using both shared and dedicated memory.

Hello,

It's good, since your PC isn't actually using the RAM unless it's needed and unless it's free.

DirectX 12 improves shared memory allocation, which allows:

• Using RAM as VRAM.
    • Adding VRAM from 2 GFX cards to get more VRAM.
    • Using different GFX cards together. eg. Using the power of both a NVIDIA and of an AMD card (not yet possible on current drivers).
    In the end, this means possibly less stutter in many games, but remember that your 4GB of VRAM are the fastest part of that 8GB total.

Read this article for more info: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff538322(v=vs.85).aspx

GMReader, Mar 16, 2019
  4. VRAM versus Shared Memory

Increase VRAM

i am currently using pc have vram memory is 256 mb ,, my pc have 3gb RAM can i increase the VRAM 256 to 512?? HOW?

MahendaranUnnithan.M, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

VRAM versus Shared Memory

1. VRAM versus Shared Memory - Similar Threads - VRAM versus Shared

2. VRAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VRAM: I have hp 15q laptop with i3 processor and intel hd graphics 620 I want to increase VRAM of my laptop can you please help me for that its 128 mb i want to increase it to 1024mb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vram/ec594ee2-30bb-41fe-89d8-05a5c9bb57bf
  3. to increase shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to increase shared gpu memory: I really want your help in this question rapidly laptop : dell inspiron 15 3576 win 10 pro cpu : i7-8550u ram : 8 gb 2nd gpu : amd radeon 520 my problem is that I am playing a gme requiring high...
  4. vram at 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vram at 0: hi i have hp pavilion 15 notebook. i have issues with my vram ..i previously had a vram of 1gb but after i reset my laptop due to virus infections ...my vram is stuck at zero ..i dont know but i tempered with my registry once to help boost my vram i dont know if that has...
  5. How to add shared memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add shared memory: Hi, As the title suggest, I need to add a certain amount of shared memory to be able to run an enormous neural net on my gpu(8gb of vram isn't enough...). From what I could gather online, this setting is found in the bios. But from my understanding of it, this only concerns...
  6. Shared Gpu Memory help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shared Gpu Memory help: I have a intel i7700k and nvidia 1070 my issue it the intel graphics shared memory is 15 gb i use intel graphics for second montior but i have it set in bios to only use 256 mb but why is windows telling me there is 15 gb shared how can i reduce this. Running windows 10 1901...
  7. Shared video memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shared video memory: Hi, I have a problem that i would like to solve. I'm using a laptop with an intel HD4000 graphics and a Nvidia GeForce GT720M and 6 GB of RAM. The CPU is an intel core i5-4300U and i am using windows 10. My GPU in use is the GT 720M with 2048 MB of VRAM. I don't know why, but...
  8. about vram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    about vram: How can I increase my video memory in window 10 plz help and support thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-vram/0bca52a9-95ac-418d-8741-75bc7d1b25df
  9. VRAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VRAM: i see in setting of pes 18 VRAM = 2746.9 GB that can be possible ? and the game is not open end what is the solution? Windows 10 (64 bit) Intel Core i7 8 Go de RAM...
  10. Workgroup shares Windows ID versus Local Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup shares Windows ID versus Local Accounts: I have so far avoided using Windows ID login (except on a sacrificial VM I use for Windows Insider(*)) as I can no longer access the SMB shares that I have set up. Is there any way for the two to co-exist? I can't get my head round using SMB shares and NTFS permissions...