Windows 10: VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10

Discus and support VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having enabled IIS Web Management Tools and World Wide Web Services in Control Panel, 'Launch Chrome against localhost' opens a dedicated Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HughWylie, Oct 19, 2020.

1. HughWylie Win User

VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10

Having enabled IIS Web Management Tools and World Wide Web Services in Control Panel, 'Launch Chrome against localhost'

opens a dedicated Chrome window with annunciation 'This site can't be reached' localhost:8080, as per launch.json url property value, i.e. no change in behaviour since enabling IIS.

Starting the elementary app with Live Server produces the expected output, but prevents use of VS Code debugging features.

What do I overlook?

No AVG firewall block events are logged, while pinging localhost / 127.0.0.1 responds as expected. Removing the port 8080 specification from launch.json url property value i.e. "url": "http://localhost" opens MS IIS welcome screen.

:)

HughWylie, Oct 19, 2020

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Localhost ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

So I'm trying to load my localhost file. I am guilty of modifying my host file I was wondering if anyone could tell me if any of the following could be the issue.

I do not have XAMPP or WAMP installed. I am trying to use Visual Studio Code to load a simple webpage (which is only using js and html) so I don't really want to install more software unless I need to.

Also if anyone can suggest other way of how I might go about finding what is the cause that would be appreciated.

Other details:

• Browsers: Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) & possibly Edge (I haven't tried others)

Gideon Sassoon, Oct 19, 2020
  4. VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10

Access localhost from another computer

I said I know the difference that localhost refers to that particular machine you are running. Your question is invalid *Smile VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10 :)

No Offense.

I asked this question because the other Computer weren't getting access to the IP as it was blocked on the system running XAMPP as point out by streetfighter 2, which I totally forgot.

smartali89, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10

1. VS Code HTML/JS localhost access under Win10 - Similar Threads - Code HTML localhost

2. VS Code and images

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VS Code and images: cannot open image in visual studio Code. Have tried for three weeks and I still cannot open my image in VS Code i seen that the downloaded zip file is opening up in a folder that I did not choose...
  3. localhost

in Windows 10 Customization
    localhost: Hello I am using xampp to set up my own web server. My problem is I think, not being able to access port 80, which I think is related to iisrid. Anyway if any one knows what is happening here and has any suggestions would be appreciated[ATTACH]...
  4. NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID accessing localhost from Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID accessing localhost from Chrome: I just installed and configured IIS for unsecure and secure access from the same PC that is running IIS. I cannot get a secure connection using Chrome. I cannot find any discussion of this in the IIS help website. I have heard online that there is a Chrome issue with SSL,...
  5. html

in Windows 10 Support
    html: There is something that I don't understand about a hyperlink: I did a copy/paste from a tutorial on a website which gave me the following : <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h2>HTML Links</h2> <p><a href="https://www.w3schools.com/html/">Visit our HTML tutorial</a></p> </body>...
  6. localhost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    localhost: I am still not able to configure localhost in windows 10. I am web developer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost/ab2ec8c7-6da0-4753-b640-691c4254c5ac
  7. LocalHost under window's 10

LocalHost under window's 10: I put ip 127.0.0.1 to create folder localhost. It seem does functions. How I be able to put file in localhost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/localhost-under-windows-10/8ef151da-9dca-49f3-ac31-1bfb2b098b6e"
  8. .js Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .js Error: hi With no reason and with different intervals, windows 10, show this error : Can not find script file C:\users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\tempINEE36788M.js It is annoying and does not stop :((((((((( please help Thanks...
  9. BSOD for js issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD for js issue: Attachment 58224 Hope i did this correctly 36965
  10. Can't access localhost over local network

Can't access localhost over local network: I'm trying to accomplish a simple? task: Connect to the localhost on my laptop from my desktop. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I have the local IP of the laptop and I can RDP into it, but when I try to load a page in browser from the desktop I get...