Windows 10: VS Code is being detected as Malware

Discus and support VS Code is being detected as Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,Someone reported to me that when visiting my site it was blocked by Norton LifeLock as a "known malicious site". As the sole developer, I know this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThomasArchibold, Oct 13, 2021.

1. VS Code is being detected as Malware

Hi,Someone reported to me that when visiting my site it was blocked by Norton LifeLock as a "known malicious site". As the sole developer, I know this false.I ran ImunifyAV on the server to investigate. The result showed files that were installed by VS Code were detected as malicious. See attached screen capture.Visual Studio creates a directory on the server /.vscode-server. In this directory are the "malicious" files. [Original Title: VS Code]

:)

ThomasArchibold, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Oct 13, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Smarter malware... Less technical coding

How about malware that will peek at what might be monitoring for it, then hide or wait a few minutes run a portion of itself.
    Wait, now run another portion. Oh, wait, and run some more.
    Bam your infected!

Or, how about some malware that hides in your mouse routines, then waits for you to click a button or move the mouse, so it can run hidden in the mouse message routines.

Even better, how 'bout the malware that will recognize it is running in a VM or being searched for and stops itself from running; hide and waits until the the way is clear.

And, unless your A/V or whatever method you use is aware of this type of threat... you are infected.

Now a days, it doesn't take a technical genius to make it happen.

It is all explained in this article by the Symantec Security Response team, here -->Malware Authors Using New Techniques to Evade Automated Threat Analysis Systems
    And, a couple of quotes from the page:
    Keep your guard up and compute safely.*Smile VS Code is being detected as Malware :)

95Viper, Oct 13, 2021
  4. VS Code is being detected as Malware

Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to update the Windows Defender program and check if it helps.

To check for new Windows Defender definitions manually:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click the arrow next to the Help button, and then click Check for updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the detection is of the same malware file or not. Again, see if it is any specific program or a file you try to access which triggers the detection.

Additionally, view the log in Event Viewer to check if the malware is removed every time it is prompted.

To open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.
    • Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.
    You can view Windows Defender "Operational" events in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender.

Kindly keep us posted, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

VS Code is being detected as Malware

1. VS Code is being detected as Malware - Similar Threads - Code being detected

2. Vs Code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vs Code: I have problem with Vs code inline autocomplete suggestion whenever i create a new c++ file in vs code the inline autocomplete suggestion stops working until restarted the vs code this very annoying I have attached 2 images 1. before restart i have created a new c++ file 2....
  3. False malware detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False malware detection: Good evening,My Windows 10 keeps identifying a perfectly legitimate program, Praat, as malware. Praat has been used by linguists and others that desire sonograms of human speech for decades. It is some of the best software available on any platform for acoustic analysis...
  4. False malware detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False malware detection: Good evening,My Windows 10 keeps identifying a perfectly legitimate program, Praat, as malware. Praat has been used by linguists and others that desire sonograms of human speech for decades. It is some of the best software available on any platform for acoustic analysis...
  5. False malware detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. VS code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VS code: how can i fix this? ive already tried solutions from comments from other people who were having the same problem, but it just doesn't work for me. I would really appreciate any help. Im also doing "C" as in the coding language....
  7. VS code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VS code: how can i fix this? ive already tried solutions from comments from other people who were having the same problem, but it just doesn't work for me. I would really appreciate any help. Im also doing "C" as in the coding language....
  8. VS Code

VS Code: Hi,Someone reported to me that when visiting my site it was blocked by Norton LifeLock as a "known malicious site". As the sole developer, I know this false.I ran ImunifyAV on the server to investigate. The result showed files that were installed by VS Code were detected as...
  9. Defender detected malware

Defender detected malware: Hi,in my environment the file 7zG.exe got deployed automatically to 100+ devices not manually or not from SCCM- not sure how it got deployed the defender has detected malware in it due to this, we have received 100+ alert generated for the same and still continuing.does this...
  10. Polyboard is Being Detect as Malware

Polyboard is Being Detect as Malware: I'm having problems with polyboard 7.01r being blocked by the windows antivirus software: [Original Title: polyyboard] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/polyboard-is-being-detect-as-malware/1e92432c-11ea-4761-be5c-4d9818c1df8c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com